INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theaterview Tv Series - Season coverart  (Read 2533 times)

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theaterview Tv Series - Season coverart
« on: November 12, 2011, 02:53:50 pm »

Is it possible to have the individual Season coverart for files in a season, like the DVD cover, but still have the video thumbnails in the file view?

ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theaterview Tv Series - Season coverart
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 08:04:31 pm »

I've been fighting with this myself. The new series cover art is nice but there really needs to be separate get cover art functions for series vs. episode.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 09:33:43 pm »

Same here, having a big problem with this. I scrape all of my season coverart with Sickbeard and it seems that MC17 is not utilizing the images like in MC16. My episode cover art is also being overwritten with screen grabs.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 01:08:33 pm »

I am still struggling with Season cover art... Is there a way to do this?

Ken

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 02:21:18 pm »

I use the artist field for that. Give all episodes of a season the same artist name, e.g. “The Simpsons – S02”.  Copy the corresponding image of this season to the image folder “image/artists” (Check the options of MC under “options – file location – cover arts” if you are sure where the images are located on your disk). The file name of image has to be identical to the content in the “artist” field.

To use these images in the theatre view you have to add a library item with an artist item in the details.

In standard view set the view to “view as categories” and put the artist item to the category list.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 02:27:28 pm »

Great idea... I have used the artist and album field before to do things like this.. Thanks

Ken

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 03:32:47 pm »

Still can't get Series cover art then click in to get Season cover art...

Artist image only works at top level..

Ideas...?

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 04:16:59 pm »

I would really appreciate if MC could utilize this images just like it does with Artist and TV Show images. The system is in mostly place, and would probably just need an adjustment, and the season covers is ready to grab on TVDB.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 04:28:45 pm »

Still can't get Series cover art then click in to get Season cover art...

I am sorry but I misunderstood you. I thought that you wanted to have the season cover on the top level and the the list of files on the second.

I would really appreciate if MC could utilize this images just like it does with Artist and TV Show images. the system is in place, and the season covers is read to grap on TVDB.

+1

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 04:43:49 pm »

I am sorry but I misunderstood you. I thought that you wanted to have the season cover on the top level and the the list of files on the second.

Still easier than how I was doing it...  I had the first episode video thumbnail as the season cover art.. and that worked but when you clicked into the season it was there again. I like, for now, all the seasons with their cover art and correct episode art. Just need that one extra level of series first now....

drock512

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 05:35:16 pm »

+1 I also would like to see this implemented. Perhaps this could be included in an upcoming beta? As said before, TVDB has season cover art so hopefully it can be an easy solution.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 06:49:21 pm »

+1

Season art would be great to have in theater view.

locust

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 02:33:49 am »

+1

Seems logical enough

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 03:28:02 am »

Can you guys post (or point me to) example screenshots for how you have your TV series set up to look "nice".
It appears that that default theatre view is not as slick as the other media centres out there.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 05:30:33 am »

+1 and a nice way for a larger image

MrHaugen

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 03:17:39 pm »

Can you guys post (or point me to) example screenshots for how you have your TV series set up to look "nice".
It appears that that default theatre view is not as slick as the other media centres out there.
I will not even begin to go there in details. Sure, MC Theater View might look inferior out of the box. And it does have quite a way to go with bling, eye candy and dynamic flexibility in Theater View. But, and this is a bit but :) What we have in MC does in fact work so much better than all the alternatives, and it still does mostly what most people need it to. It might not have a overview of TV Shows, it might not have so many fancy views as the alternatives, icons for media content and so on. But it's lighting fast, it's more customizable than any competitors, and the underlaying software and services is so much better. If you just give it time, and explore the possibilities, I'm quite positive that you'll never look back.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 04:20:44 am »

So I agree that what I like is that it appears to be first and foremost a 1 stop shop for managing and playing media content on the PC and you cannot probably get better than this.

But as a HTPC, you do not need animated icons and support for playing games directly; what is needed is the same easy customisation that is possible in the standard views to be available in the theatre view.

I might be wrong, but given all the great work done in the standard view, making it easy to use a GUI for the user to alter the threatre view should be short work (relatively)
Pages: [1]   Go Up