INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanently change bluray playlist?  (Read 3273 times)

stottle

• Junior Woodchuck
Permanently change bluray playlist?
« on: November 19, 2011, 11:37:19 am »

I saw this post about "manual intervention" to get the right bluray playlist to run.  Is there any way to edit the database so the correct playlist is used automatically?

This is for rips via AnyDVD, not disc playback.

Thanks!

stottle

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Permanently change bluray playlist?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 07:52:50 am »

It seems to me that a high priority for software like MC would be to require fewer experts.

Right now, I need to know how to manually select the right movie (which is fine - I do know how), but so do my wife and son.  They don't know how, so they get frustrated with the software.  I have the PC set up as an HTPC using a harmony remote for control.  Navigating to the correct file (and looking up the correct file) on the server isn't simple.

Extending the fewer experts, ideally one expert would associate the correct playlist with the movie, store the info in a database MC checks, and only one user needs to make sure the right info gets in the database and everyone else benefits from their work.  Ideally this would lead to better support for alternate endings, extras (like included Pixar shorts) and deleted scenes.

If it isn't possible to change the library to store the correct playlist, is this at least something J River is working to implement?

Thanks, I hope this is something you are considering!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 09:02:09 am »

You should be able to just open Theater View, go to Video, then Movies, find it and press play.

I see you're posting on the MC16 board.  Please try MC17.

stottle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:06:11 am »

Jim,

Thanks for the reply.  I guess I wasn't clear about my issue.  Yes, I can play most movies directly from Theater View, and I am very happy about how it works.  The problem is the handful of movies where the automatic detection of the main movie fails.

The particular one I hit was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.  The playlist that is run automatically is the commentary version, which interrupts the movie to have the actors talk about how the scene was made.  I can follow the link I included in the original post and it shows the correct playlist to load, but it has to be loaded manually.  So I am looking for a way to have the Play functionality load the non-commentary playlist, without having to find and play the alternate MPLS file each time.

I took the lack of reply to my original post to conclude that there wasn't a way to edit the movie's tags to load the correct file.

Is it clearer what I am looking to do?

As for MC17, I was planning to wait until it was stable before putting it on the HTPC my wife/son use.  I know it is still Beta, is it solid/stable enough for general use?
Pages: [1]   Go Up