INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where should I store my playlists?  (Read 1727 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Where should I store my playlists?
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:48:30 am »

A couple of weeks ago I got rid of Vista and installed W7 on my PC. Unfortunately, my AppData folder back-up was corrupted, and suddenly my what-shall-I-so-on-those-long-winter-nights problem was solved. So I start with restoring my playlists (a couple of other questions will come later). I did create a playlist (in MC 17), but I'm not able to find it on my PC. Guess that means I'll have to export it to my MC library, and put it inside a folder there? Or should I store it somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Where should I store my playlists?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 06:53:50 am »

Playlists are part of a library backup.  If you did one, you can restore it in MC17.  MC backups automatically.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 07:05:25 am »

Thanks. I didn't know that. But the thing is, that I was able to find some earlier backups of my library which included some (about one year) old playlists. I'd like to copy these from their current location and into my C:\ etc. . . Library, and thought I would find a folder within the library to put them in. All I find is a file playlistx.jmd. So what would you suggest i should do with my old playlist files?

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 07:16:51 am »

(I know the import playlist function, but I want these playlists to appear on the same level as my new playlists in the tree structure in the left panel.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up