INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iphone Skins for WebRemote and WebPlay  (Read 2013 times)

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
Iphone Skins for WebRemote and WebPlay
« on: December 01, 2011, 03:06:30 am »

Hi,

Are there any more sofisticated Skins for Iphone for using WebRemote and WebRemote? These are very powerful features but the interface is not too attractive. I think with the correct programming you can get the looks and feel of a native app, including home screen icon and transport display and navigation.

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Iphone Skins for WebRemote and WebPlay
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 10:39:01 am »

just get My River
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 01:05:49 pm »

Does MyRiver works as Webplay? Does it works remotely? Outside the LAN, from internet?

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 01:13:27 pm »

Nope.

Get PlugPlayer for remote (off network) playback.

I could never get WebPlay to work correctly for me.  It would stop after the current song, buffer endlessly etc...  Plus there is no way to create playlists or browse the library efficiently.

PlugPlayer has worked very well for me for streaming while away from home.

I only use webremote on my desktops throughout the house so I can quickly see what is "Playing Now" and maybe skip to the next track.  Otherwise it is unusable with its "Pages" approach.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 03:58:05 pm »

Thanks for replying!!

For me WebPlay and WebRemote work fine inside or outside LAN. Problem with them is, like you said, the design. Theu could still use the html solution, but with a bit more effort with the design, they can make a solution that would be identical as an App. I use an automation solution form my home that is controlled by a webserver, like the web remote, but the HTMLs were programmed in a way that it looks and feel like an original App!!!

SvendDellepude

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 08:15:05 am »

Thanks for replying!!

For me WebPlay and WebRemote work fine inside or outside LAN. Problem with them is, like you said, the design. Theu could still use the html solution, but with a bit more effort with the design, they can make a solution that would be identical as an App. I use an automation solution form my home that is controlled by a webserver, like the web remote, but the HTMLs were programmed in a way that it looks and feel like an original App!!!

My River works (just as WebRemote) inside or outside LAN, if you have set up port forwarding on your router, but no WebPlay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up