INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver ID - stock?  (Read 1879 times)

CharlesC

• Recent member
JRiver ID - stock?
« on: December 05, 2011, 06:27:13 pm »

I found some detail (can't find it again) that showed the JRiver DLNA ID product was out-of-stock.  Any idea when it may be available again?

Also, any plans to put a link to this kind of hardware product on the 'purchase' page, to make it easy to find (and buy)?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver ID - stock?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 06:42:28 pm »

This is probably what you're thinking of:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/JRiver_Id

We'd really like to offer it again, but we're working (slowly) through some problems.  I can't say when we'll have them solved.

CharlesC

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:42:38 pm »

Thanks, yes, that was the link.

I've played around with the Western Digital 'Live' product with MC16.  It seemed to work OK, but the base unit is wired.  I might look into the option to make it wireless.  It starts getting expensive though as you option it up.

I am right in just leaving it on the 'generic' DLNA setting in MC?  Is there a better setting, or options?

sskings

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 09:23:08 am »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the update.  I've noticed that my ID tends to drop off the network more often than I'd like and MC then has a hard time restarting it.  I often have to shut down/restart MC and shutdown/restart the ID to get reconnection.  Are you anticipating new firmware (or other solutions) that will fix this annoyance?

Thanks.  Steve

CharlesC

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 02:18:28 pm »

I'm just wondering in my above post if there is a better setting than the 'generic DNLA' one for the WD Live?

Thanks

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:43:30 am »

There is no better profile, however I think it tends to work best when the DLNA Extra option is checked.

CharlesC

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 02:10:09 pm »

Thanks, I'll try that.

CharlesC

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 02:52:30 pm »

As a quick update note on this, I've bought a few of the LG DP1W Multimedia Players to get a friends audio system up and running over Christmas.

They seem to work well, along with a couple of zones using the WD Live units.  Interestingly, the LG DP1W wireless operation seems to work at a better range than that of the WD Live, maybe in part because of the size of the unit.  Perhaps the antenna is able to be made larger and perform better.

The main application for them in this system is for audio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up