INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting analog video in timeshifting mode - question and request  (Read 1251 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen

In an earlier post - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67694.0, Yaobing mentioned that he was planning to add the option to start in time-shifting mode:

Analog has always started in non-time-shifting mode.  I am going to add option to start in time-shifting mode.

You can only start digital TV in time-shifting mode.  After starting you can still cancel time-shifting using right-click menu. 

Is there any updated on when this will happen.  I am slowly getting my directv signal integrated into my system and trying to explain to the wife why she has to pause and then play the directv channels to eliminate stuttering is not something I look forward to.  Time-shifting seems to fix this problem, so if I could start in time-shifting mode, it would be a much smoother transistion.

I have also notice that when I am time-shifted (on a settop box being fed to a Colossus capture device), if I change channels, it takes some time (depending on how far behind 'live' I am) to change the channel.  Is is possible to automatically forward to real time when the channel is changed?

Thanks,

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Starting analog video in timeshifting mode - question and request
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 01:50:14 pm »

In an earlier post - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67694.0, Yaobing mentioned that he was planning to add the option to start in time-shifting mode:

Is there any updated on when this will happen.  I am slowly getting my directv signal integrated into my system and trying to explain to the wife why she has to pause and then play the directv channels to eliminate stuttering is not something I look forward to.  Time-shifting seems to fix this problem, so if I could start in time-shifting mode, it would be a much smoother transistion.

No change in status in this yet.  I will try work out a change as soon as I can.

I have also notice that when I am time-shifted (on a settop box being fed to a Colossus capture device), if I change channels, it takes some time (depending on how far behind 'live' I am) to change the channel.  Is is possible to automatically forward to real time when the channel is changed?

We do jump forward to "(near) live" time when switching channels.  The delay should be less than a couple of seconds, and not dependent on how far behind live you are just before changing channel.  If that is not the case, there may be a bug.  I will investigate.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 02:41:20 pm »

We do jump forward to "(near) live" time when switching channels.  The delay should be less than a couple of seconds, and not dependent on how far behind live you are just before changing channel.  If that is not the case, there may be a bug.  I will investigate.

Ok, I didn't do 'extensive' testing, so I may be wrong.  I will try it again tonight and see what happens.

Thanks for the info,

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 05:17:39 pm »

I found the problem.

With STB channels, the TV engine actually does not detect the channel change because the channel change occurs at STB.  I will figure out a solution soon.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 06:58:00 pm »

I was able to confirm that MC doesn't jump forward when changing channels on the settop box.  I am glad you were able to determine the cause.

Thanks for looking into this. 

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up