INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Movie and TV Info  (Read 2242 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
Get Movie and TV Info
« on: December 08, 2011, 02:24:21 am »

This is a really good thing but why does it change the name to what is happening in the episode?

I have to keep renaming my TV

For example the name is boardwalk S2e1 Bloodbath  When I use the downloaded info it turns into Bloodbath
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

MrHaugen

Re: Get Movie and TV Info
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 02:46:31 am »

Name is Name. And name for TV Shows is the Title of the Episode. What you're describing is really just the filename. This is just the way it is, and how it have to be. Anything else would make no sense for most people.

I guess your problem is captions in theater view. If that is the case, then you'll need to change the captions to include this other things like Season and Episode numbers. Go to Options, Theater View, Advanced and Caption to configure this. I would suggest something like this: "S[Season]E[Episode] - [Name]". This will only be good for TV Shows. You can combine captions with IF sentences to make different captions for each Media Type and Media Sub Type. Just search on the forum here, and you'll find lots of suggestions.

Here's a more complete caption example, which I use. Only thin I have not gotten around to is to change the rating to actual stars. It includes the "Other" Media Syb Type as well, which I use for Standup. And it does not include caption for Images, as I have non of them.
Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual([Media Type], Audio),[Name] /([Artist]/) Rating: [Rating],If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], TV Show),If(IsEmpty([Name]),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/) - [Name]),If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Music Videos),If(IsEmpty([Artists]),[Name],[Artists] - [Name]),If(IsEqual([Media Sub Type], Other),If(IsEmpty([Season]),[Name]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/),[Name] - S[Season]E[Episode]/ (NP:[Number Plays]/)),[Name]))))
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 09:15:53 am »

If you want to override Carnac (which is the new filename metadata extraction system) you can add a Tag On Import rule to your watched folder in Auto Import settings.  Generally Carnac does a very good job, and will fill enough info automatically that you can then just right click on the file and use the new Get Movie and TV Info tool to grab a nice description and other metadata from thetvdb.com.

However, if for some odd reason you hate that and you want the [Name] tag to contain the original Filename on import (like before), you simply add a Tag On Import rule for that watched folder that says:  Name: FileName(,0)

But, like I said, I'd probably leave it alone and adjust your Theater View Caption rules as described by MrC above.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 10:35:24 am »

Me, MrC? Well, thank you very much. I'll just go update the Wiki with some more insane expressions and in depth explanations.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:46:38 am »

Me, MrC? Well, thank you very much. I'll just go update the Wiki with some more insane expressions and in depth explanations.

Sorry.  My bad.  :-[
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 10:56:00 am »

;D Just kidding

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 11:56:21 am »

MrH... MrC, what's a single letter amongst friends?

Sounds like I have some work to do...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rick.ca

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 06:09:19 pm »

Sounds like I have some work to do...

Or have a Smartlist Smackdown: Caption Edition. ;D

MrC

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 06:16:59 pm »

Or have a Smartlist Smackdown: Caption Edition. ;D

Bam!

I'll update the Smartlist wiki entries.  I did that some time ago, but they could stand updating again.  If folks share some good smartlists, I'll do the updating.

rick.ca

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 07:25:34 pm »

If folks share some good smartlists, I'll do the updating.

At least mine is formatted nicely and includes pretty things like stars for ratings. But I still haven't got around to updating it to use <font> (e.g., so the intensity of the stars increases with the rating). Worse, it's a humongous nested-If not yet overhauled to use IfElse() and ! . And I don't think there's even one Regex() in it. I'm just not shameless enough to share it. ;)

maid

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 11:07:08 pm »

I have customised the file info panel to include Season and episode.

This is good as it shows which episode.

The only thing is they are displaying not in order example S1E3  S1E1 etc. I there a way to put them in order?
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

rick.ca

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 11:31:47 pm »

I there a way to put them in order?

The sort order is set in the Rules for file display for the view. Add a "Sort by" modifier.

MrC

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 11:35:09 pm »

In the Theater View options, under the Video sectionsm customize the Set rules for file display..., adding a Sort by in the Modify Results entry, using Season and Episode fields as the sort keys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up