INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17.0.50 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 9328 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 17.0.50 Beta -- Available Here
« on: December 09, 2011, 08:49:35 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170050.exe

17.0.50 (12/7/2011)

1. Changed: Pressing play on the remote (while stopped) in the Theater View television grid did not work nicely.
2. Changed: Playing a guide program from anywhere in the program will automatically switch to live television playback, starting at the channel of the program.
3. NEW: MC automatically detects audio type when starting Hauppauge HD PVR and Colossus devices.
4. Fixed: Transitioning out of fast forward / rewind during video playback was not working nicely the last few builds.
5. Changed: More tuning to device lost handling for Theater View.
6. Changed: Reduced compile size of logging, making the program a little smaller.
7. NEW: Surround sound audio files can be played on Gizmo.
8. Fixed: Some VC1 video files were not playing on Windows XP.
9. Fixed: All http services. When receiving a http 1.1 request with "connection: close" the connection must close immediately after that transaction.
10. NEW: When controlling a remote Media Center zone, reordering, deleting, and shuffling Playing Now is fully supported.
11. Fixed: Embedded cover art in mp4 files was not used for thumbnailing.
12. Changed: When a library fails to load, if there is more than one available library, the failure dialog will offer the option to load a specific library (along with other choices like retry, load previous, restore from backup, etc.).

17.0.49 (12/7/2011)

1. Fixed: Some remote commands that used app commands (like 'back', etc.) weren't working in Theater View in the last couple of builds.
2. Fixed: Right-clicking the DSP button in the player would show a menu over the top of the Audio Path dialog.
3. Fixed: On some machines, thumbnailing of JTV or other MPEG-2 files could fail.
4. Fixed: Video backgrounds were not working in Theater View.
5. Changed: Reworked the presentation system used by hardware accelerated windows like Theater View to be more efficient (uses one less thread, negotiates with Aero better, etc.).
6. Fixed: Using the fullscreen exclusive option for Theater View would lead to problems entering Theater View if exclusive mode failed.

17.0.48 (12/6/2011)

1. Fixed: In some cases, stopping a movie and returning to Theater View would not restore the resolution when using display mode changing until leaving Theater View.
2. Changed: Posting a WM_CLOSE directly to Theater View would not work nicely (only applies to build 47).
3. Fixed: Using a custom library field [Library] in the Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool could cause the setting to be lost when reopening the dialog.
4. Fixed: The experimental fullscreen exclusive rendering in Theater View would switch the monitor refresh rate back to 60 Hz when entering Theater View from a 24 Hz movie.
5. Fixed: Theater View exclusive rendering works better when switching to other programs on a multi-monitor setup, better handles mouse cursor hiding, etc.
6. NEW: DLNA, added multi-channel audio conversion to wave/lpcm[. When converting to wave, 24 bit wave, L16 or L24 the original channel layout is used for conversion UNLESS set to "always convert" and "stereo downmix" (under advanced)  is checked in which case everything is converted to 2 channel. NOTE: probably not supported by most renderers yet. Most likely to work on some DLNA DACS. For backwards compatibility "stereo downmix" should be selected with "always convert" when there is multichannel source in your library.

17.0.47 (12/5/2011)

1. Fixed: Audio Path information could be incomplete with regards to DSP plugin processing state in certain cases.
2. Fixed: Videos that exposed their subtitles with a MEDIATYPE_Text pin were not working properly.
3. NEW: Added 384,000 Hz as a possible resampling choice in DSP Studio > Output Format.
4. NEW: From memory audio playback will use up to 1GB instead of 256MB (after 256MB it checks against available memory to avoid using swap).
5. Fixed: For operations where the action window shows the progress (i.e. Conversion Cache builder), if the 'X' button was clicked the action window would never go away.
6. Changed: Screen resolution lists are sorted with the highest resolutions at the top instead of the bottom.
7. Changed: Some internal window class names changed from "JRiver ..." to "JRiver ..." (would only matter if you're scripting Media Center and targetting certain class names).
8. Changed: Added experimental Theater View > Options > Advanced > Use fullscreen exclusive mode for drawing.
9. Changed: DLNA, in content directories, increment updateID to prevent container caching (their numeric ID's are dynamically assigned).
10. Fixed: DLNA, aggregate DVD's weren't always being presented with the proper mimetype and DLNA flags.
11. Changed: DLNA, Now reports the size of aggregate DVD's in the content directory.
12. Fixed: TV recordings from Hauppauge Colossus would not play.

17.0.46 (12/2/2011)

1. Changed: Added the aspect ratio of 2.40 to the list of choices for Crop Black Bars available on the on screen display.
2. Changed: FLAC files that didn't start with a FLAC__METADATA_TYPE_STREAMINFO block were not supported.
3. Fixed: When using madVR and starting video playback from Theater View, build 45 could delay 5 seconds starting the video.
4. Fixed: Imported DVD's now show the correct frame-rate (FPS), bitrate, and dimensions.
5. Fixed: Importing some DVD's could cause JRWorker to hang.
6. NEW: Parametric Equalizer provides a low-shelf and high-shelf filter (fully configurable, stackable, applicable to any channels, etc. just like other filters).
7. Fixed: Drag-n-drop of an image from a web browser to the Tag Action Window > Image page didn't work nicely.
8. Changed: De-interlacing will be done by madVR renderer (if it's in the graph) rather than LAV Video software de-interlacing.
9. Changed: Reworked call ordering when starting television playback so that a video renderer is positioned before the graph is run.

17.0.45 (12/1/2011)

1. Fixed: BD/DVD titles sometimes reported the wrong file size after import.
2. Fixed: Some BD titles would not import the compression info field correctly.
3. Changed: Improved handling of bitstream errors in RAW AAC streams.
4. NEW: Added 'Null Output' output plugin, available in Options > Audio > Audio Output.  Allows playing videos on a machine with no sound card.
5. Fixed: Playback of recorded JTV files wasn't cropping edges by default.
6. NEW: Rewritten video import -- gets compression and frame rate for almost all videos and runs around 40% faster.
7. Changed: Reworked call ordering when starting video playback so that a video renderer is positioned before the graph is run.
8. NEW: DLNA added 24 bit LPCM conversion. Devices supporting this may not be available yet.

17.0.44 (11/30/2011)

1. Fixed: DVB-T channel channel switching from SD (MPEG-2) channel to HD (H264/AAC) channel, or vice versa, did not work.
2. Fixed: MCC_PLAY_TV command (and maybe other rarely used television features) did not work.
3. Changed: When using 'Do not play silence' in conjunction with gapped track switching, silence suppression first eats the gap before eating any of the track (so a long low volume fadeout won't end abruptly).
4. Fixed: Creating a virtual handheld device that pointed to a UNC path did not work nicely.
5. Fixed: Overriding an aspect ratio didn't work correctly in conjunction with Anamorphic mode.
6. Changed: Playing a data file will increment the playback statistics 'Last Played', and 'Number Plays'.
7. Changed: Updated to version .42 of LAV audio, video and splitter directshow filters. Improvements to raw PCM de-muxing and TrueHD audio playback, support raw RGB24 video in AVI.
8. NEW: Now using LAV video decoder as replacement for ffdshow for most video decoding tasks in Red October.
9. NEW: Internal configuration of madVR using programmatic interface - currently only disabling the seek bar.
10. Changed: Double-clicking a JRiver note in a view other than 'Notes' will open it with a web browser.
11. Fixed: Applying multiple font tags (like color or size) to the same section of a note could corrupt the note.
13. NEW: Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool adds a 'Preset...' button that supports loading settings from Options > File Location, loading / saving user presets, and copying / pasting settings (for sharing with other users).
14. Changed: Added the aspect ratio of 2.40 to the list of choices for Crop Black Bars.
15. Fixed: Hot keys and remote commands weren't working while watching a Netflix movie.
16. Changed: When a Theater View list is in the process of loading items, it shows "Loading..." rather than "There are no items to display".
17. Changed: When video playback is started, the graph building thread will wait for pending user interface changes (like closing of Theater View) before loading or configuring the video renderer.

17.0.43 (11/29/2011)

1. Fixed: WebPlay / Gizmo video playback with conversion was not working in build 42.
2. NEW: Video playback aspect ratio system is rewritten -- more flexible support for cropping black bars baked into videos, more consistent support across all types of movies, etc.

17.0.42 (11/28/2011)

1. Changed: Tagging a video file where the tag only modifies the sidecar will no longer update the last modified time of the video file.
2. Fixed: When returning to Theater View to a view that was imported from Standard View, the view could be empty.
3. Fixed: SSA alignment tokens could appear as {\a...} text in subtitles.
4. Changed: Improved support for SSA \an (numpad alignment) tokens.
5. Changed: A change in television graph-building that possibly fixes some rare hangs.
6. Fixed (probably): Crash when stopping television playback.
7. Fixed: Play Doctor Playcharts saved under Playlists were not working properly.
8. Changed: Playcharts were not supported for handheld sync.
9. NEW: It's possible to edit saved Playcharts.

17.0.41 (11/22/2011)

1. Changed: Theater View defaults to a normal instead of a bold version of the main program font.
2. Fixed: The math evaluator wasn't supporting exponent notation like x^y properly.
3. NEW: Added Options > Audio > Disable display from turning off (useful for HDMI audio).
4. Changed: Reverted the television AAC audio media type change made in build 40.
5. Changed: Improvements to Limiter filter in DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer.
6. Fixed: In auto-rip CD mode, multiple matches from on-line CD lookup would be shown even though user chose "automatically pick the first match".

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Media Center 17.0.50 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 09:30:04 am »

12. Changed: When a library fails to load, if there is more than one available library, the failure dialog will offer the option to load a specific library (along with other choices like retry, load previous, restore from backup, etc.).

Yeah, nice one!!  8)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 10:46:39 am »

Just installed 17.0.50 and now I can't play anything through the Colossus.  I get the following error: 'Failed to render audio stream.  No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the ...'  I rolled back to 17.0.46 and the error went away.  I am using a dtv settop box to feed the Colossus.  All of my OTA channels and recordings seem to be fine.

I am using standard RO.

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 12:17:43 pm »

Just installed 17.0.50 and now I can't play anything through the Colossus.  I get the following error: 'Failed to render audio stream.  No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the ...'  I rolled back to 17.0.46 and the error went away.  I am using a dtv settop box to feed the Colossus.  All of my OTA channels and recordings seem to be fine.

I am using standard RO.

Alex

Please send me a log.  yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 12:50:11 pm »

Log has been sent.  Let me know if there is anything else I need to do.

Alex

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 08:36:06 pm »

In television, using the channel up button results in the tuner moving two channels down, and using the channel down button results in the tuner moving two channels up.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 04:47:31 am »

HiFiTubes

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 12:41:35 pm »

Sync to handheld uses only name to check for image duplicates. I have many images that have same name but filenames, sizes, and dimensions differ. Would be nice if MC17 could figure this out. Does the same apply to other filetypes?

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 02:31:14 pm »

TV channel changes from the remote are very sluggish with this release. Also lip-synch is simply awful. Red October Advanced with filters. For JTV, JRiver Video Engine, Source filter Automatic, no other filters. MadVR.  It all seems very sluggish. I will reboot and see if that helps at all the last few releases did weird things after install and restart that seemed to clear up after a reboot.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 03:14:49 pm »

Sync to handheld uses only name to check for image duplicates. I have many images that have same name but filenames, sizes, and dimensions differ. Would be nice if MC17 could figure this out. Does the same apply to other filetypes?

Here's how Audio is done (copy/pasted from a request I have elsewhere):

Quote from: MrC
The current sync expression fragment used for duplicate detection of non-images (eg. audio) is:

[Name] Clean([Artist], 1) [Album] [Genre] FormatNumber([Track #, 0]) [Media Type]

Some albums have second (or third, ...) disc's that are identical to the first disc in terms of Track #/Name (and of course Album, Genre, Artist and Media Type), so MC marks all but one track as Duplicates and does not transfer them.  Consider Fleetwood Mac's Tusk special edition:

Disc 1 Track 3: Think About Me
   Disc 2 Track 3: Think About Me

I can see that the converted files (mp3's) have a [Discnumber] tag, but am not sure if MC is able to compare [Discnumber] against [Disc #]

Would it be possible to include [Disc #] as part of MatchKeyExpression ?

Images use: [Name]  [File Size, 0]

You can see the MatchKeyExpression expression by doing an Info Dump on the Handheld (right click HH > Info Dump).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
1890s Date Bug
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 06:51:43 pm »

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 08:28:32 pm »

I'm getting a lot of flakiness in Theater View using RO HQ. First, exiting from live TV back to the guide briefly shows a message saying DirectX failed to load (but everything continues to work). I'm sure this has never happened before and I watch live TV all the time.

Also, for the first time ever, I got the message "Exclusive Mode Failed" in the upper left. I've always used auto-exclusive mode for MadVR. I haven't enabled the new experimental exclusive mode option.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 05:55:40 pm »

When MC is running Ctrl-R doesn't work in Thunderbird.  Kill MC and I Ctrl-R works.

MrC

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 06:35:45 pm »

When MC is running Ctrl-R doesn't work in Thunderbird.  Kill MC and I Ctrl-R works.

FYI: No troubles here.

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 10:30:35 pm »

Detach display doesn't seem to work as expected; the small detached video window seems to be missing.

In previous builds detach display would open either the full screen display or the small detached window, depending on what the detached display was previously. That option now sends the display to a full screen only and only Ctrl-6 gets out of it. Double clicking in full screen no longer gives me the small detached window.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 11:23:52 pm »

FYI: No troubles here.

Something has to be playing.  (Or paused.)

MrC

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 11:29:41 pm »

Hmmm, I don't see it.  I'm playing a track now, ^R works.  Pause, it works.  The Reply email opens and is ready for action...

DarkPenguin

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 06:43:09 pm »

Works with a sound file.  Maybe it is Madvr?

MrC

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 07:28:10 pm »

That's it.  I can reproduce w/MadVR running regardless of attached/detached display.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 08:16:53 pm »

Theater View: Behavior - Disable screen saver in Theater view doesn't work in Audio - Playing Now, List, and Info modes. The screen saver would come on, whether the system was playing or paused. It does work in Display View.

I did some additional testing, and found that Disable screen saver didn't work for a paused video, either.

Tested on two machines, two different libraries.

MusicHawk

MC hangs deleting to Recycle Bin from Thumbnails view
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 12:02:40 pm »

I'm reporting a problem in MC17 that is identical to a problem in MC16, yet in an entirely new environment.

1. Brand new laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium.

2. Installed MC 17.0.50 with all defaults. First-time installation of MC on this computer.

3. MC did its automatic thing, locating media files and creating a default library.

4. Opened the default library. MC showed Thumbnails of the 284 audio, 5480 image and 88 video files it found (random stuff that happened to be on the computer).

5. Selected 12 unwanted video files. Pressed Delete, selected "Remove from Media Library and send to Recycle Bin".

6. MC showed "Updating database" forever (more or less). This MC HANG be forced closed via Windows Task Manager. Repeatable, no variation in MC benavior.

This MC17 hang seems to be EXACTLY the problem reported for MC16, ALL details the same, except... two different computers, running two different OS (Win7, Vista), two different random sets of media files.

BIG CLUE: MC17 HANGs when in a Thumbnails view, deleting to Recycle Bin. BUT... the problem does NOT HAPPEN when deleting from a Details view to Recycle Bin, which works correctly. This same behavior difference was reported for the MC16 hang.

This suggests the actual problem is the thumbnail image files. Perhaps MC is failing to locate and/or delete the thumbnails?

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 12:05:51 pm »

Is the Recycle Bin full?

MusicHawk

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 12:08:43 pm »

Nope, Recycle Bin had 9 small files, deleted those and tried again.

Problem is repeatable on this new PC, same as my MC16 PC, doesn't seem related to Recycle Bin itself, but to action of deleting to Recycle Bin from a Thumbnails view.

Note that I can delete to Recycle Bin without problem if doing it from Details view. AND I can delete permanently without a hang from Thumbnails view.

The hang happens only when MC tries to delete to Recycle Bin while a thumbnail image is simultaneously displayed in Thumbnails view. This seems like a big clue that deleting (moving?) the thumbnail file is the problem.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

AdrianC

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 02:32:09 pm »

I am a new user of Media Center, purchased the 16 version and shortly after upgraded to 17. In the past I used a test version, also a 16, to test the functionality and it worked fine so I decided to purchase. I have around 1500 titles and I am using a WHS (2003) server.
Unfortuntaley since purchasing the official versions I am extremely frustrated as it crashes consistently short after starting. In the INITIAL state, meaning after MC 16 installation, I loaded the Music folder and it crashed after reading around 80%. Since then it crashes systematically (now the MC 17) shortly after start.

I don't really have the days to analyse the whole forum on such issues so that any hint, debug, logs etc would be beneficial for me. I am not using IE9 but IE8 and Firefox as standard browser. No antivirus or firewall.

Any help is appreciated, many thanks!

AUser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 02:41:01 pm »

DSP, output format, sample rate

Currently has a less than 44100, where you can set a new sample rate
What would be nice is, resampling bitrates less than 44100 to the closest out of 44100/48000
Does that make sense?

eg
11025 -> 44100
12000 -> 48000
16000 -> 48000
22050 -> 44100
24000 -> 48000
36000 -> 48000

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 03:06:01 pm »

Nope, Recycle Bin had 9 small files, deleted those and tried again.

Problem is repeatable on this new PC, same as my MC16 PC, doesn't seem related to Recycle Bin itself, but to action of deleting to Recycle Bin from a Thumbnails view.

Note that I can delete to Recycle Bin without problem if doing it from Details view. AND I can delete permanently without a hang from Thumbnails view.

The hang happens only when MC tries to delete to Recycle Bin while a thumbnail image is simultaneously displayed in Thumbnails view. This seems like a big clue that deleting (moving?) the thumbnail file is the problem.

Great detective work.

I think the Recycle Bin call in Windows can pump the message loop.  And we're holding a core database lock while we recycle, so this makes for a bad combination.

Look for a fix in a coming build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 03:20:10 pm »

I am a new user of Media Center, purchased the 16 version and shortly after upgraded to 17. In the past I used a test version, also a 16, to test the functionality and it worked fine so I decided to purchase. I have around 1500 titles and I am using a WHS (2003) server.
Unfortuntaley since purchasing the official versions I am extremely frustrated as it crashes consistently short after starting. In the INITIAL state, meaning after MC 16 installation, I loaded the Music folder and it crashed after reading around 80%. Since then it crashes systematically (now the MC 17) shortly after start.

I don't really have the days to analyse the whole forum on such issues so that any hint, debug, logs etc would be beneficial for me. I am not using IE9 but IE8 and Firefox as standard browser. No antivirus or firewall.

Any help is appreciated, many thanks!
Please start a new thread on this.  Start here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Stability

These kinds of problems usually turn out to be related to some kind of "security" software.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 03:38:14 pm »

11025 -> 44100
12000 -> 48000
16000 -> 48000
22050 -> 44100
24000 -> 48000
36000 -> 48000
MC17 lets you do this.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 04:22:50 pm »

Sorry Jim, all <44100 sample rates have a single setting.

Currently has a less than 44100, where you can set a new sample rate
What would be nice is, resampling bitrates less than 44100 to the closest out of 44100/48000
Does that make sense?

eg
11025 -> 44100
12000 -> 48000
16000 -> 48000
22050 -> 44100
24000 -> 48000
36000 -> 48000

No, it does not make sense. It really does not matter how you upsample those low sample rates.

When a high quality resampler is used resampling e.g. from 44.1 kHz to 88.1 kHz it is not an easier task than resampling to 48 kHz or 96 kHz. The resampler does not just "duplicate" the samples even if the sample rate is doubled. It must calculate the properties of each new sample precisely.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

AUser

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 01:55:48 am »

@Alex B
Well, I reckon you'd know more about how it's done than me, so I'll take your word for it about the resampling accuracy of a multiple of the bitrate vs a non-multiple

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 08:27:01 am »

cannot restore MC16 (build 181) backup from windows 7 to mc17 (build 50) on xp machine
I get "Library restore failed"
"Error Details: Unable to Load Library"
I have tried reinstalling MC17 on xp machine.
No luck....

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 08:33:11 am »

also cannot restore MC17 back to same machine it was backed up from.
Same message. Restore failed.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 08:36:41 am »

Sorry for the multiple post, but did more investigation.
I cannot restore MC16 from Win7 to MC16 on XP
Appears cannot restore any MC backup at this point.
No problem in the past.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 12:48:28 pm »

I'm coming from MC15...having library server load issues.

1. Not at all clear how to load a library over WAN. I add the same homedns address that works in 15 and nothing happens.

2. At home, on my LAN, I tried to use the local IP and and it also would not load. Using the "key" did work. There is no auto-detect on LAN btw? I thought this was in dev. for some time...

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2011, 01:09:05 pm »

I finally reinstalled xp pro to solve this problem (above post).
Probably not the best solution, but the machine is my music machine only, so no big loss, but will have to use a key to reinstall 17.

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2011, 07:06:46 pm »

I finally reinstalled xp pro to solve this problem (above post).
Probably not the best solution, but the machine is my music machine only, so no big loss, but will have to use a key to reinstall 17.

I wonder if that could happen due to NTFS file permissions not giving you read or modify permissions to the library file?
Windows 7 is more restrictive about permissions than XP.  Especially if you're running XP as administrator.
Pages: [1]   Go Up