INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 upgrade - doesn't show most of the album images?  (Read 1094 times)

slefley

• Recent member
MC17 upgrade - doesn't show most of the album images?
« on: December 10, 2011, 01:37:11 pm »

After upgrading to MC17 I only see 60% of the album images.  Is there a way to recover the "lost" images, or should I revert back to MC16?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC17 upgrade - doesn't show most of the album images?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 02:08:50 pm »

Check your settings for "Cover Art" under File Locations.

Right click on a few albums, then do Cover Art/Quick Find.

slefley

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 04:26:02 pm »

That didn't seem to do anything in the Standard view.  But if I play the album the image does show up in the small window on the lower left?  Any more ideas why it isn't visible in the standard view when it was with ver16?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:20:39 am »

But if I play the album the image does show up in the small window on the lower left?

This indicates that the actual cover art file is available (either as an externally linked file or as embedded in the file tag), but for some reason there is no cached thumbnail image for at least one of the album files. The thumbnails are small and fast cached copies of the actual cover art images. They are used in library views.

You could try to rebuild the thumbnails. To test if it helps, you can select a few problem albums and do: right-click > Cover Art > Rebuild Thumbnail
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up