INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix Issues  (Read 3610 times)

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Netflix Issues
« on: December 20, 2011, 07:17:26 pm »

I've been trying out JRiver's Netflix setup. I'm happy with the playback quality, but there are a couple issues that prevent it from being couch ready.

- I'm constantly being asked to sign into Netflix. I've tried deleting my account info and reentering it, but that didn't solve the problem. Is this a bug or the expected behavior?

- Play history is missing, so I'm not sure what episodes of a TV series I've already watched. And if I have to rely on my memory, I'm toast.

Thanks again, and happy holidays to JRiver!

jimmy neutron

• World Citizen
Re: Netflix Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 11:29:58 am »

Netflix works fine for me with no sign in required. I just signed in at the Netflix site and I've never been asked to sign in again. May have something to do with your security settings set too high.

Jimmy
Custom PC based music systems and information panels....really.
www.jdsmarthome.com

Temeryx

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 08:02:57 pm »

I have to sign into netflix every time media center is restarted also.  I think the problem started with version 17.0.50, I am on 17.0.64 now.  When I use the chromium engine it stays signed in but it does not launch fullscreen and the window does not have focus.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 09:39:13 pm »

What happens if you try the same in IE?

Temeryx

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 02:26:06 am »

I have logged out and logged back in to netflix in IE, cleared out IE's cache too, and it stays logged in.  Also I forgot to mention when the problem started, it happened on all three machines I have Media Center installed on.

I just did a test.  If I sign in to netflix with media center's browser in stays signed in even after restarting media center.  However when I try to watch a movie in theater view it still asks me to sign in.  Then if I restart media center I am no longer signed in through the internal browser either.  It doesn't effect IE in anyway I'm still signed in there.

machinehead

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 11:46:44 am »

I tried Netflix for the first time, actually just got JR MC17 for the first time.

I tried playing a show on Netflix last night and the video lagged the audio by 20 to 30 seconds.

Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 12:52:02 pm »

Try rebooting and reinstalling.  Try other movies.

That lag is not normal.

bil1010105

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 07:44:38 am »

I just signed up for a 1-month trial of Netflix, since it's just launched in the UK.

I've connected my account through MC17 (17.0.64) and get a message saying:

"Page Not Found

The requested page /notfound does not exist. We will try to automatically redirect you to our home page in 10 seconds."

This happens when I attempt to play any movie, and I also notice that the web page doesn't remember my sign-in.

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 08:08:54 am »

I've had issues with Netflix recently too, but I'm leaning towards it being more of a PC issue.  We used MC for a while to watch Netflix and recently it's had really bad lag and has been unwatchable, so I've been using the Xbox to stream Netflix.  Not sure what the best way to check to see what is causing the bottleneck.

Running one of the latest versions of MC on a Zacate rig with 4GB RAM and an SSD on a gigabit network.  It has worked in the past and then stopped when we were ramping up into Breaking Bad :)

Temeryx

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 01:25:29 pm »

I am still having to sign into Netflix every time media center launches.  I'm using 17.0.85 now.  My latest attempt to fix the problem was to disconnect my devices on the Netflix website and change my password as well.  But the problem persists.  Still no problems staying signed in with IE itself.

I'm curious if anyone else is having this problem at all?  I thought it might be an account issue with Netflix, but as I stated in a previous post, I don't have the problem if I use the Chromium engine (but it has a few problems of it's own).

If anyone has any thoughts it would certainly be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 03:07:00 pm »

I believe the problem is on the Netflix side.  JohnT has posted about it.

Temeryx

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 01:19:34 am »

Thanks Jim.  Hopefully they will get that fixed soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up