INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allocator VST  (Read 4057 times)

cornelis

• Recent member
Allocator VST
« on: December 29, 2011, 04:33:50 am »

My system is based on Thuneau's Allocator, a VST plug-in. I can load the VST, but I only get 2 chanels out. Sometimes I've got it working for one track, but the next track output stops. when I load the Allocator while a track is playing. I've seen this topic before at this board, but didn't find an answer how to fix the problem. Perhaps it is'nt possible for Allocator and JRiver working together. I hope someone can help me, because JRiver is a very nice MC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Allocator VST
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 03:40:45 pm »

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with Allocator or specific issues with it.

A wide-range of VST plugins work well with JRiver, so I wonder if you might ask the author of Allocator?

If it was written before Vista/UAC, you could try running Media Center as administrator.

If the author has technical questions, direct them here and we'd be happy to work together to get it working.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 04:00:56 pm »

I think the issue is that Allocator wants two channels in but then sends 8 channels out. This was discussed in an older thread. With the way JRiver does its channel assignments it won't work unless you run Allocator within another VST host within JRiver such as Console or Plogue Bidule.

If Matt added 36 and 48 dB slopes to the high pass filter in JRiver's Parametric EQ, you should be able to do everything you want using the Parametric Equalizer as you can do in Allocator.

For example, for a three way system you would select 5.1 in Output Format (to open up 6 channels). You can then use Mix Channels in the PEQ to move channel 2 (Right) to channel 4 and copy to channels 5 & 6. Then copy channel 1 to channels 2 & 3. Now the left is using channels 1-3 and the right is using channels 4-6. Add high and low pass filters to each channel for the crossover, adjust the gain and delay of each channel, and finally add some parametric EQ filters to smooth out the frequency response.

cornelis

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 07:35:05 am »

Thanks for the quick reply. After the holidays I'll write Thuneau.

solhaga

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 11:23:48 am »

Hi Cornelis, do you have an update on this one?
I'm currently using JackD to route between MC and Frequency Allocator and an USB DAC (EMU 0204) that has 2x2 outputs.
It all works fine, but I have to kill all if I want to change sample (I don't want to do any conversions).

solhaga

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 05:36:21 pm »

I finally managed to do this. By moving the high to mid1 in Frequency Allocator and using 4 channels in MC output format the plugin works.

But, how do I get the configuration loaded?
Pages: [1]   Go Up