INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3-4 retries needed to connect to server  (Read 1219 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
3-4 retries needed to connect to server
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:21:31 am »

Hey folks,

I've completed the setup of my Media Center PC, a Asrock Vision 3D, its got the new Atom 525 1.8Ghz, 4GB of RAM and the ION2 GPU. It's running Windows 7 64bit and everything works amazingly fast. Next to Media Center 17 its running XBMC. Network is wired gigabit and works fast too.

The problem with MC17 is that I'm connecting to my main PC with the library but its asking me 3 sometimes 4 times to retry. Once it connects its fine but the initial connecting just takes too long and times out.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: 3-4 retries needed to connect to server
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 11:09:17 am »

Anyone?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 12:11:10 pm »

I had intermittent problems connecting to the library server from a client. I finally deleted the existing library server link, gave the client a fixed IP address, and reestablished the link using the ip address (192.168.1.20:52199) and it has been rock solid and quick every since. I never figured out what was causing the problem, except it often happened when the ip address changed due to rebooting.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 12:58:55 am »

Thanks, I didn't think of that because name resolution is working fine and although I'm using DHCP its effectively fixed ip's because they never renew.

Connecting to IP works fast and without issues, personally I think it would be essential that it works on names too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up