INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing Required Components is displayed for every film (fresh install)  (Read 1587 times)

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing

Since 17.0.46 I have noticed a number of issues in the newer revisions that seem to have propagated through to this current version.   Here are two of the main issues:

1a. If I try to enable Bitstreaming in a fresh installation of 17.0.60, it is not possible

1b. If I delete a zone and then create a new one, again it is not possible to enable Bitstreaming in 17.0.60. Installing 17.0.46 and then changing the Bitstreaming works fine as does 17.0.60 so long as you do not delete the zone. If you do, you will be forced to regress the build to 17.0.46!

2. If 17.0.60 is installed on a virgin OS, the Installing Required Components is displayed for every film.

I'm guessing that interim builds are not tested from a baseline installation.

Chris
The Future is Remote!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Installing Required Components is displayed for every film
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 07:58:55 am »

Since 17.0.46 I have noticed a number of issues in the newer revisions that seem to have propagated through to this current version.   Here are two of the main issues:

1a. If I try to enable Bitstreaming in a fresh installation of 17.0.60, it is not possible
1b. If I delete a zone and then create a new one, again it is not possible to enable Bitstreaming in 17.0.60. Installing 17.0.46 and then changing the Bitstreaming works fine as does 17.0.60 so long as you do not delete the zone. If you do, you will be forced to regress the build to 17.0.46!

2. If 17.0.60 is installed on a virgin OS, the Installing Required Components is displayed for every film.
Please start a new thread.  This might just be a firewall or permissions problem.

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 11:32:56 am »

Please start a new thread.  This might just be a firewall or permissions problem.

Jim, not sure there is anything to discuss! This software bug is easily reproduced, just try it yourself even with administration privileges & UAC off ;)
The Future is Remote!

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 11:46:55 am »

Jim, not sure there is anything to discuss! This software bug is easily reproduced, just try it yourself even with administration privileges & UAC off ;)
It is easy to duplicate a "virgin installation" by deleting the plugins folder in C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 17\Plugins. I deleted it and Installing Required Components only occurred on my first movie. If I change from Red October Standard to Red October HQ it happens again because different components are being downloaded. It still only needed to happen once.

I agree with Jim that this isn't a bug.

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 11:57:26 am »

It is easy to duplicate a "virgin installation" by deleting the plugins folder in C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 17\Plugins. I deleted it and Installing Required Components only occurred on my first movie. If I change from Red October Standard to Red October HQ it happens again because different components are being downloaded. It still only needed to happen once.

I agree with Jim that this isn't a bug.

You are misleading yourself and others, you cannot emulate a virgin installation by deleting the plugin folder. If you really want to help everyone, just delete your zones and then try to play a bitstream, after reconfiguring of course.
The Future is Remote!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Installing Required Components is displayed for every film (fresh install)
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 08:19:13 am »

I changed the subject since the second problem is, in my opinion, the cause.

It's possible this is a bug, but please investigate why the components are apparently not being downloaded.  Some "security" setting is my guess.

bobrap

• Recent member

What about the bit streaming problem?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I'm able to change the bitstreaming option in Options > Video.

Are you clicking 'OK' on the options dialog as opposed to just closing it?  Anyone else?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

What about the bit streaming problem?
Matt has mentioned in another thread that this has been fixed for the next release. I tested adding a zone on the beta version and the bitstreaming settings now stick with versions after 17.0.60.
Pages: [1]   Go Up