INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just like to thank you  (Read 1864 times)

Fivetide

Just like to thank you
« on: December 30, 2011, 03:32:09 pm »

I have been trying to find some software that works well with my setup and now I have bought the media centre I have to say I really am amazed at the difference it’s made to my HTPC play back.. Its awesome.   Why do people pay for stupid software like winamp? Well to be honest I did but I want my money back now! I do have a problem with DVD playback but I have read some good threads on here so I will try and do what they say first before posting.
So thanks again it’s made a big / massive difference to my music listening.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Just like to thank you
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 04:21:57 pm »

Thank you.  And welcome to Interact.

nonsub

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 09:00:51 am »

This product blows my mind. I was more excited to get my teeth into this product than I have been moving to new OS's! I have been using WA for many years and only stumbled across JRiver MC while reviewing buggy 3rd party WA Kernel Streaming and WASAPI plugins. The plugin I used all these years had known bugs with zero developer interest in resolving (ie. would crash WA any time audio was stopped and restarted lol!) In the past I had experimented with different ways of managing my library and all solutions fell short in one way or another. Selecting media through Windows Explorer with hand organized folder structures was what I always went back to. I can't believe I wasn't using MC before now!

On top of this the fast, dedicated and absolutely expert support here is fantastic. I was just reading a post where JR offered to purchase a particular burner someone was having issues with to see if they could replicate the problem. I work in the IT field and this type of support is almost unheard of, let alone in the consumer market. Most other companies would suggest the consumer go out and try a different drive or decide that the issue wasn't worth pursuing and just send the customer on goose chases hoping they will just disappear.

In my experience so far, even MC 17 in beta status is more stable and bug free than many other "final" products out there!

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 09:19:27 am »

I really appreciate your taking time to say so.  Thank you.

dnell

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 03:30:25 pm »

I'm a new user, and purchaser, as well and have to say that this software is outstanding!

rjm

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 04:12:48 pm »

I'm an old user and am still thankful every day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up