INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import questions  (Read 1628 times)

phill1978

• Recent member
Import questions
« on: January 04, 2012, 01:56:18 pm »

hi,

seen as im new to MC you will have to go steady on me  :D

I imported my music from the windows/music folder. I have it working well.

The problem / question is that 'unknown' untagged music or perhaps in my paranoia properly tagged music is being looked up on a database by MC17 ?

The last thing i want is for ANY of my cover art to be changed or touched or information even if 90% of the time its a nice update with correct covers. There seems to be a random thumbnail image on tracks that don't have any perceived cover art / tagging (a miles davis cover). Although I have no knowledge of any changes applied in MC17 that effect other programs display of images /art I keep getting tagging errors (cant remember specifics) but it displays the file path and file name.flac

I don't want it to auto tag, change or even finger print my music no matter how much I learn to love MC17 i want to keep my database/files consistent throughout applications and throughout time as software moves on.

even after running MC17 for an hour there is occasional tag errors that pop up?

any ideas. for now in my paranoia i have un-installed it having looked through settings i couldnt find a tagging / autodatabase lookup check box?

* btw im not liking the auto import of music either when first running MC17, you can end up with bits of music not specifically from the 'music' folder and same goes for art.

thanks

Phill

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import questions
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 02:04:39 pm »

MC isn't going to change your files or your cover art.

It will use art it finds in your directories if there is no cover art in the tag.  It will use folder.jpg.  It will look up cover art online if there is none.  But it won't overwrite it if there is any.

You can set your import options.  Tools/Import/Auto-Import, then Add or Delete directories, and edit to change the filetypes.

phill1978

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 02:54:49 pm »

MC isn't going to change your files or your cover art.

It will use art it finds in your directories if there is no cover art in the tag.  It will use folder.jpg.  It will look up cover art online if there is none.  But it won't overwrite it if there is any.

You can set your import options.  Tools/Import/Auto-Import, then Add or Delete directories, and edit to change the filetypes.

thanks for the reply.

can i stop it looking online? some of my cover art is non standard or usually of a higher quality than the databases hold (e.g 1MB covers)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 02:56:09 pm »

You can disable automatic cover art retrieval here:
Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import > Get cover art
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 03:02:57 pm »

thanks for the reply.

can i stop it looking online? some of my cover art is non standard or usually of a higher quality than the databases hold (e.g 1MB covers)
MC won't replace it.

Windows Home Server may:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=24031.msg462305#msg462305

phill1978

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 03:58:33 pm »

many thanks for your help  :D

phill1978

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 05:39:04 pm »

ok. firstly i know have a better grip on my media library. few things to sort but very pleased.

i still get folder.jpg problems

whats the easiest way of removing this? i dont mind tracks that have no art having the music note but the false thumbnail from some of my classical music put onto an oasis track just looks silly.

i have tried with both ignore special files folder.jpg on and off to no joy. i can manually remove but its a pain.

Ok i worked out my problem (or at least how to fix for future)

i still use media monkey for image import. when i have been adding cover art there is a small section where it says filename:folder.jpg. I assume changing this to a more suitable name should solve my problem.

Pages: [1]   Go Up