INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I see zones in Playing now from zone numbers again, please?  (Read 1134 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Can I see zones in Playing now from zone numbers again, please?
« on: January 10, 2012, 02:56:58 pm »

I have gone all MC 17 now, and my setup is totally confusing because I have stuff addressing zone numbers and would like to see the zones in the actual sequence, not alphabetical sorted. So is it possible to get back the original sorting?

I do really like the new overview, but on that too I would prefer sorting by actual zone numbers.

Of course I would like to get back the option to change and edit zones in a common zone manager, but I guess that's gone for good. Come to think of it that may have gone before 16. I haven't changed the zones for a while, until we remodelled the kitchen and I was able to sneak in a pair of 6x9 JBL marine speakers above the cabinets for some good sound out there too! ;D
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can I see zones in Playing now from zone numbers again, please?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 03:07:47 pm »

You can right click to rename any zone.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 03:10:35 pm »

Yeah, I know that. But zone manager gave easy and quick access to DSP and other types of setup for all the zones very fast. Nice when setting up a new system. But that's just something I thought of to add. My main question is if the zones can be put in sequence again, not alphabetically.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 12:37:37 pm »

Or at least make it an option.  I had several zones setup and had two of them controlled externally from the CAV66.EXE.  I deleted one zone and the suddenly the other zones got 're-ordered'.  They show up as Alphabetical on the Playing Now sidebar, but not in the Player->Zones submenu.  The annoying thing here is they were created in Alphabetical order, with the deleted zone being one created after them.  But the deletion of the other zone someone re-ordered the previous ones.  WTF?  How is it the 'behind the scenes' handling of the zones changed their ordering?

The zones before the delete, created in this order:
Media Srv 1
Media Srv 2
Player

Deleting the 3rd zone "Player" caused MC17 to suddenly re-order the others backwards.  How is it MC decided to put "Media Srv 2" as the first one and "Media Srv 1" as the second one?  I can, of course, go rename them to get MC to put them back in the right sequence, by why should I have to?

It's little things like this that make for absolutely MADDENING wastes of time debugging things...
Pages: [1]   Go Up