INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo - how to FF and RW videos?  (Read 897 times)

dexterdom

• Recent member
Gizmo - how to FF and RW videos?
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:09:37 pm »

Is there an easy way to skip forward or backwards while viewing a video in Gizmo? I know I can click and drag the progress "dot" to do this but it's quite unusable when trying to skip past commercials on recorded TV shows. Discrete FF and RW buttons would be very helpful for this (or if I'm wishing out loud how about buttons that will skip 30sec forward and backward - like in SageTV).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo - how to FF and RW videos?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 06:15:01 am »

The left and right arrow buttons skip forward and back.  Try that on a keyboard to see.

Aren't those buttons on the Playing Now screen?

Are you using Gizmo on Android?  Or WebGizmo?

dexterdom

• Recent member
Re: Gizmo - how to FF and RW videos?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 02:34:25 pm »

I'm using the latest Gizmo on Android v3.2 (Motorola Xoom).
When I play a video all I see is a pause/play button and the horizontal slider "timeline". I don't see any FF or RW buttons, maybe I'm missing them? I know can use the horizontal slider to skip though the video but I don't have the brain-surgeon precicion required to skip forward 1 or 2 minutes, as needed when I want to skip commercials (I have a lot of PVR content that I would like to stream).

In fact, I can't see how to access "now playing" interface when watching a video. I do see "now playing" when playing music, but not with video...

Edit: I just read your suggestion about trying it on a keyboard - I wonder if I paired a bluetooth KB with the Xoom if it would work??
Pages: [1]   Go Up