INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get Plug-Ins (w/o internet connection)  (Read 531 times)

Fastyves

How to get Plug-Ins (w/o internet connection)
« on: May 14, 2002, 12:31:59 pm »

I've 2 PC, both with MJ installed, but one has internet connection, and the other NOT.
Is there any way for me to get the plug-ins I need installed on my second PC ?
- Download with the first and install on the 2nd ?
- Transfer from the 1st -> 2nd ?

Thanks for your help,
Yves.

PS : I think I ever read some thread about this, but couldn't find it back.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
RE:How to get Plug-Ins (w/o internet connection)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2002, 01:17:23 pm »

(adjust these directions accordingly depending on what internet browser you're using)

1. Right click on the link for the plugin and choose "Save Target As..."
2. Save the ".mjp" file somewhere on your hard drive.
3. Open the ".mjp" file in Notepad.
4. Note the URL for the actual plugin's zip file.
5. Paste that URL into your browser's address bar to download the actual plugin.
6. Change the URL in the ".mjp" file to represent the path to the zip file you downloaded in step 5.
7. Save the .mjp file.
8. Double click on the .mjp file.

So for instance, let's say you want to download the Nomad II plugin for MJ8. You download the .mjp file and open it in Notepad. There's a line that says "URL=http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/mj_data/plugins/hh_nomadii.zip". So you would enter "http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/mj_data/plugins/hh_nomadii.zip" into your address bar and download the actual hh_nomadII.zip file and let's say you saved it to C:\Downloads. You would then change the "URL=http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/mj_data/plugins/hh_nomadii.zip" to say "URL=C:\Downloads\hh_nomadii.zip", save the .mjp file and then double click on it. MJ will do the rest.

I believe (although I haven't tried this) that if you keep the .mjp file and the .zip file in the same folder all the time, that you can just change the URL line to say "URL=hh_nomadii.zip" and as long as you always keep them in the same folder, that will work no matter where you put them.

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
RE:How to get Plug-Ins (w/o internet connection)
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2002, 02:14:26 pm »

Doof is absolutely right. Currently that's the only way to install plug-in on a computer without internet connection.

>> believe (although I haven't tried this) that if you keep the .mjp file and the .zip file in the same folder all the time, that you can just change the URL line to say "URL=hh_nomadii.zip" and as long as you always keep them in the same folder, that will work no matter where you put them.

That's correct as well.

Nikolay
Pages: [1]   Go Up