INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play an album and STOP?  (Read 1197 times)

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
Play an album and STOP?
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:52:28 pm »

This is probably a really dumb question, but how do I play an album from the list and have MC stop after it plays the last track?

I usually do not want it to go an start playing the next album, video, or whatever. I am sure it is a setting somewhere. I feel blind.

Thanks
-Paul

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Play an album and STOP?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:06:02 pm »

Once tracks are in the Playing Now playlist, they play one after the other.  You can set Repeat to Repeat One or Stop After Each Item, but Playing Now has no notion of an Album.

Instead, only add a single Album to the Playing Now list.  Or clear those tracks from Playing Now that you don't want played.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 01:53:29 am »

Once tracks are in the Playing Now playlist, they play one after the other.  You can set Repeat to Repeat One or Stop After Each Item, but Playing Now has no notion of an Album.

Instead, only add a single Album to the Playing Now list.  Or clear those tracks from Playing Now that you don't want played.

Okay - so... I go into say, the Gizmo Web interface, choose Audio -> Albums, pick an album and click on the "Play All" at top.

It plays the album through then starts on the next album in the main list.

It does that with Video too, but I usually select Video files from JRemote.

I'm pretty sure I have something screwy, just not quite up to finding it. :)

Thanks
-Paul

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 12:00:10 pm »

Interesting... I don't see this.  I click on an Album, select Play All, and only that album's tracks get queued into Playing Now.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 09:10:11 am »

Under 'Player' on the top toolbar there is an option for "Stop After Current File".

I think it would be nice if you could select a file somewhere down the list (like the last song of an album) and select "Stop After Selected File".
. . . the game is rigged

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 07:12:05 pm »

I think it would be nice if you could select a file somewhere down the list (like the last song of an album) and select "Stop After Selected File".

Consider the ways you can do that now. First, if you're not interested in listening to the following tracks later, just select and delete them. If you do, rather than delete them, drag them to the top of the list. It will stop after the track you selected (now the last in the list). If restarted, it will continue with the next track (now at the top). You can even create a new list, and later resume this one using it's playlist saved (when a new list was started) in Recent Playing Now's.

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 08:08:08 pm »

Interesting... I don't see this.  I click on an Album, select Play All, and only that album's tracks get queued into Playing Now.

I deleted everything out of the library and reimported it, now it works normally. I must have done something odd when I first built it.
Thanks!

-Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up