INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YouTube channel options - I can't find them  (Read 2447 times)

wickedwren

YouTube channel options - I can't find them
« on: January 24, 2012, 10:03:13 pm »

I was really digging being able to open YouTube from within Media Center (16) and getting a menu of options when clicking a video link.  However, it is now proceeding directly to the page of the video link and not offering the menu to play in theater view or download the video anymore.  I swear I did not check the box to do this automatically and I can not find the setting I am missing to see these options.

I am in Standard View - MC16, Video-Connected Media - YouTube.  I would really appreciate assistance.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: YouTube channel options - I can't find them
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 09:08:03 am »

YouTube recently changed their pages.

The current v17 here has been updated to handle the new format:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=23.0

And welcome to Interact.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wickedwren

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 09:17:13 am »

Terrific.  Thanks for the fast reply.   :D

wickedwren

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 06:31:54 pm »

I installed 17 and I am still having the same issue.  I open Youtube in Standard View using Video - Connected Media - YouTube and when I click a video link it goes straight to the video page.  I want to be prompted for options like I used to get.  I am not sure if this is due to a setting I have missed or incorrectly applied.  Even barring being asked what to do when I click a link, I can't even find a way to download the video from within Media Center.

Again, thank you for reading and your replies. (And I know this is still in MC 16 support thread, but it was the same symptoms in MC 16 and MC 17).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 06:35:01 pm »

You may need to get MC17 from the top of the MC17 board.  It's a little newer than the one on the download page.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:15 pm »

If you are trying to do this for a movie it will not appear due to something youtube is doing with movies.
All other videos offer the menu. If it is not a movie try resetting confirmation messages in options/general/advanced.
Sean

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 06:07:09 pm »

So this won't be fixed in V.16?  And, we will need to upgrade to V.17 to ever download YouTube videos again?

lbstyling

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 02:53:08 pm »

If this is the case, that's not really something I would be happy with :(

YouTube is was stated as a feature of mc 16, so I would assume you need to offer a free upgrade to mc 17 if your not willing to fix mc 16.

Mc16 is not sold as a time limited licence. Its not that I don't appreciate the efforts of the team, but I would like to get what I payed for.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 05:42:01 pm »

The connected web services are there because we've done a lot of tedious work.  In most cases, the services like YouTube don't offer us an SDK or any help.  We have to reverse engineer them.

This means that they are a little fragile, since the services can change at any moment.  We will keep the current version working if we can, but we won't keep older versions working.

Eventually, this may get easier and more standardized.

Pages: [1]   Go Up