INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to prevent clipping (multichannel) + LFE "...correctly mastered for +10dB" q  (Read 1013 times)

Buckster

• Recent member

trying to playback some Blurays - using LAV decoding to LPCM (which is then output to my AV receiver via USB)

problem is - even with the equaliser turned on and the "pre-amp" turned to -12dB

DSP screen is still showing its getting to 100% - regularly - and therefore clipping/reducing dynamic range

I think its internal to the processing in MC itself as at -12dB on the pre-amp the output to my av amp is very very low

any ideas ?  even if I set all the speakers in the other tab to negative gains- its still clipping ??

on a seperate note what exactly does the "source is correctly mastered for +10dB calibration" check box do ?  does it only effect 2 channel (as I've read on other threads) - or multichannel? (as I'd have guessed)

its seperate to the clipping query as I'm getting clipping whether enabled or not

but .. basically my AV amp will accept 8 channel LPCM via USB (great)- it applies bass management etc to all the non-subwoofer channels.  BUT the LFE channel (due to age of amp) does not have option to add +10dB to the LFE input to the amp - if I uncheck "source is correctly mastered for +10dB calibration" - will MC add +10dB to the LFE channel - giving me the right LFE level input to my amp?

of course the source is correctly mastered - but I'm just using the switch to give me the signal level I require (I think)

thanks for any help
Pages: [1]   Go Up