INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video TS Playback Freezes  (Read 1096 times)

roolark

• Recent member
Video TS Playback Freezes
« on: February 05, 2012, 05:55:29 pm »

MC 17.082

Playing DVD's in the "video_ts" folder format freezes, then super-fast-forwards to catch up on my system. This did not occur in MC 16. I'm going to guess that it's related to Red October and/or filters. Here's why:

On MC 16, playing DVD folders as above, and blurays, both worked well, using RO HQ with custom filters. The custom filter was ffdshow DXVA.

On MC 17, I've managed to setup the custom filter as before, and blurays play perfectly. However, my DVD folders do not. The filter that's listed when I play a DVD is MPC- MPEG-2 Video Decoder. The symptom is that a movie will play for 5-10 minutes, freeze for 30-40seconds, then fast-forward until the audio/video syncs back up. The movie will then play for a random amount of time, and repeat the problem.

Currently I have the custom video renderer as Enhanced Video Renderer and video decoder as ffdshow DXVA. Again, this works for my blurays.

Any ideas? Is it possible to tell MC to use DXVA instead of MPC?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video TS Playback Freezes
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:03:57 pm »

Does Red October with no changes work?

roolark

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 06:51:52 pm »

I just tried it out. My DVD folders still freeze with Red October Standard and 0 changes. The problem with RO Standard is that even if it had worked to correct the freezing issue, it still won't allow me to play back blurays.

roolark

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 10:50:25 pm »

Any other suggestions?

I just verified that playing the dvd folders in MC 16 works fine still.
Pages: [1]   Go Up