INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arctic Winter HC  (Read 11333 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Arctic Winter HC
« on: February 17, 2012, 11:31:29 am »

The low levels of contrast in the original Arctic Winter skin coupled with the fact that all monitors are not equal meant that many were not seeing the skin as intended. Turning the contrast up a tad has required a fair bit of work and as such, I feel that it merits a release of its own.

If you found that the original Arctic Winter washed out into a mess of nothingness, Arctic Winter HC should be a better experience for you...

(Click to see full size image)

As always, feedback is welcome. Without feedback in the original Arctic Winter thread, this release would never have come into existence... everyone benefits. Thank you to ElQuia for your help, hope this works better for you.

-marko

EDIT (25/02/2012)
If you've bumped into this, I've reported it as a bug, which may, or may not get fixed. I cannot get the dialogue background to do anything at all, but I can at least get at the tree background colour. "main.zip" contains a new xml file that at least makes the tree readable in the "browse for folder" dialogue, if nothing else! No longer required.

EDIT (08/09/2017)
Now has skinning for the new tag window, also...
Fixed the search bar not lining up since it switched to dynamically resizing.
Added colour to the vertical scrollbar handles. This lets you see it (possibly only when it's moving) and gives a reference point of where, in the list you currently are.
Changed the 'edit', 'text' and 'combo' boxes as they were, quite honestly, downright ugly before :)
Because of the changes, I can't get the skin under 700kb anymore, it's 1.27Mb so download is via mjp file. Download and extract the attached zip file, then double click on the extracted mjp file. MC will then download the skin, and apply it for you.

EDIT (15/09/2017)
Fixed glowing edges in the action window.
Greyscaled all of the icons in the action window

EDIT (22/01/2018)
A change to the header height in the new tag window squished the expanded button out of shape. This has been fixed.
Made the target area for the minimise button a bit larger as it was a bit hard to hit as it was.
Reworked the ratings graphics so that they can be seen regardless of whether or not a file is selected.

Updated (24/11/2019)
Added suitable colours for the new MC 26 waveform progress bar.

Updated (29/01/2023)
Integrity checked xml vs filenames. Skin should now work correctly on Linux.
Added a Spotlight button.
Set the Spotlight page background colour.

Edit (04/02/2023):
Updated attached mjp file, which should now work for Linux and Mac as well as Windows.

ElQuia

• World Citizen
Re: Arctic Winter HC
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 12:39:32 pm »

WOW!, that WAS quick :-)
Downloading now

EDIT: downloaded.: GREAT WORK marko. niiiiceeeeeeeee  ;D

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 01:45:28 pm »

looks great, Thanks!
. . . the game is rigged

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 08:35:37 pm »

Thanks marko, this is a nice variant of the original.

makersjam

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 01:00:04 pm »

:) I've been using Noire forever. Until this. Very good looking.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 08:09:41 pm »

Hi marko,

A small suggestion.

When I choose options and go to file location to update some folder options, and go to browse for folder, the background is white with very light text. It would be better if the background was darker. I attached a picture which probably explains it better than words. The same is true for the original Arctic Winter.

Thanks...

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 04:54:54 am »

I see it. I should be able to get that fixed, though, to be honest, that has to be another skinning bug... That's a tree, and should be using the tree background image, but it isn't....

next post will have an updated xml file...

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 08:50:02 am »

first post updated...

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 08:56:37 am »

Thanks marko. It's now perfect.

I really like these skins. It's amazing how big a difference it makes not having the scroll bars.

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 02:06:39 pm »

Thanks marko. It's now perfect.

I really like these skins. It's amazing how big a difference it makes not having the scroll bars.

+1

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 01:51:42 am »

Hopefully I don't break this, or upset anyone, but, when playing around with some ideas for the new tag window, I found it can do this....

When you scroll, the background remains static so the text floats over it!
I'm not sure where I'm going with this yet as these things can end up like domino toppling. For example, as neat as that may be, some of the edit boxes are truly horrible against it... and so on. I may just do a quick and easy tag window for the two Arctic Winters and keep this on the back burner for a new skin...

Interesting though eh?

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 10:46:13 am »

Updated skin available in the first post. As I can't get it under 700kb, download is via mjp file, which some might prefer as it downloads and applies the skin via one double click.

Changes:
New tag window is now skinned.
Vertical scrollbar handle is now just visible to give a bearing of where in the list you currently are.
Edit and Combo boxes have been reworked as ones in the previous version were just, well, ugly!
Greyscale icons are included as a part of the skin and will not affect any other skins.

Enjoy, and as ever, feedback is always welcome.

-marko

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 10:55:00 am »

The action window was, annoyingly, showing a glow around the edges, especially along the top, and some of the action window icons were still coloured.

Both of these have now been fixed.
I'll have a look at the original Arctic Winter over the weekend as it will probably need similar attention.

-marko

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 12:09:29 am »

Hi, Marko-
Nice update on the skin. It's clean and takes skin effects nicely, for those of us who like a change every now and then. The only issue I've noticed is that the drop-down menus have black text and are a little hard to read, at least on my system. The hovered-over text is fine, just hard to see the rest.
Thanks for the updated skin, they're a rare and valuable commodity these days!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 01:25:24 am »

I'll have a look next time I'm in about it.

I'm still using this since the update. Love the new tag window in this skin.

I'm not so happy that when mousing over the rating stars of a selected file in a list, it's pretty much impossible to tell which star the mouse is over. Next time time allows, I'll be sorting that, and will see if there's anything that can be done about your menu text.

It's actually fine for me here, kind of like a 'back lit' grey with black text, which had me wondering... Do you have transparency turned off? (Options > General > Advanced > Pop up Transparency Mode)

-marko

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 07:34:16 pm »

Hi, Marko-
Yes, transparency is on. I think it has more to do with my tinkering with brightness and contrast under 'View>Skin>Skin Effects'. I'll try to constrain my dark nature and keep it closer to the middle range.  :P

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 12:51:26 pm »

Build 23.0.95 will have a change to the header heights of the new tag window. This has caused the expanded buttons in my skins to get all squished out of shape. As I'm still using this skin at the moment, it gets fixed first :)

I will get around to the others in due course.

Whilst in there, I've reworked the graphics for the rating stars as they would disappear if the file was selected and the mouse passed over them.
Another annoyance I found was that the minimise button was too hard to hit, so I've increased the target size to hopefully help with that a bit.

The fixes will (should :)) work with earlier versions too. Let me know if I broke anything.
The archive on the server has the updates, just double click your mjp file (attached in first post if you need a new one) to download and apply.

-marko

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2019, 10:11:53 am »

Updated (24/11/2019)
Added suitable colours for the new MC 26 waveform progress bar.

-marko

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2023, 10:21:34 pm »

Updated (29/01/2023)
Integrity checked xml vs filenames. Skin should now work correctly on Linux.
Added a Spotlight button.
Set the Spotlight page background colour.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2023, 10:52:42 pm »

Edit (04/02/2023):
Updated mjp file attached in first post, which should now work for Linux and Mac as well as Windows.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2023, 06:07:59 am »

ET TrackInfo Plugins are available for Marko's Arctic Winter HC Skin and all his other skins.
You can read about them here - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134776.0.html
or View and Download them here - http:// [url]https://englishtiger.uk/index.html [/URL}
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up