INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: Theater View list type bug [Fixed]  (Read 1508 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
BUG: Theater View list type bug [Fixed]
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:41:27 pm »

I've noticed some glitches with the thumbnail list style (and possibly others). Take a look at the two attached images. They've been taken with my telephone and is not of the best quality, but it'll show the problem easily enough though..

The "Thumbs bug" image has only two rows of movies. You can clearly see that there is much room between the cover and caption. There is also a lot of room between the top of the selection frame and the top of the cover. If you take a look at the "Thumbs Normal" there is much less space on the top and bottom of the covers. There is now 3 rows in the exact same view. As it should be. This is taken on a ASrock 3d Vision with a 1080P resolution and 100% Theater View size.

The bug is triggered sometimes when I start Theater View. The bug can affect any view with thumbnails, and possibly other list types as well. It's just not so noticeable there as it is going down from 3 to only 2 rows. I believe I've seen this in the Lineup list style as well... I can not shake off the bug unless I exit TV and start it again.

It's been like this since I upgraded to one of the first builds with the new list types. So I think something has happened here. I've installed the latest build now, and I'll test it as much as I can until I get the bug here as well. But I've not seen any changes in the logs that can fix this, so I have my doubt that it's gone.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: BUG: Theater View list type bug
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:46:57 pm »

I see this too when coming out of one of the new 3d list views. Returning to a normal thumb view introduces additional "space" around the thumbs. Stop/start theater view and things return to normal.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 05:01:29 pm »

Correct. That's it.

I've tested this several times now, and it happens almost each time that you switch between a Cover flow view and other normal views like thumbnail views. It does not trigger 100% of the time though. The way I have my movies now, about 50% of them is either Video Wall or Cover flow. If I browse trough 2-4 of the views, I'm bound to end up with this bug in one of the regular list types.

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 08:07:55 am »

Matt, could you please look into this?

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 06:41:36 am »

Anybody?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 11:41:07 am »

The number of items on the screen is a little bit squishy in Theater View.  The font size, ideal aspect ratio from a sampling of thumbnails, size setting, and skin all work together.

However, in this case, 3d lists are turning the drop shadows off the thumbnails which causes the aspect ratio to vary a little.  This will be fixed in a coming build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 02:33:31 pm »

Great! Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up