INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Steps in Germany  (Read 1259 times)

Trino

• Recent member
First Steps in Germany
« on: February 20, 2012, 12:55:14 pm »

Hello dear JR Users,

I'm from Germany and my english isn't very good. So it's difficult for me to find some answers via the search function (or is there a german Forum anywere ??). Please excuse me, that I write my different questions in this new posting !

First of all I want to say, I LOVE THIS PEACE OF SOFTWARE JR17, IT's GREAT  ;D ;D!!! I have a big MP3 collection and like for example the Library-Funktion. All other applications I used before had the problem, that on every start all data had to be read again. JR17 is always ready to start without loosing time.

Nevertheless, my trust to this software has to grow by time and experiance. Because of this in the first usage time I...
  • I dont want JR17 to write anything on my harddisk
  • I don't want JR17 to change anything on my data

What do I have to set up to be sure, that nothing happens on my Harddisk ? What I found and changed until now was:
  • in preferences I took out the marker on Tagging and Importing automatically
  • in preferences I took out all the markers in Management library out of every tag fields "save in file tags when possible"

But sometimes JR17 makes my harddisk run and I don't know why. Are there some other preferences to change ?

When the trust is grown I will let JR17 write on my harddisk. But the problem is, I have 2 cloned Harddisks to make my collection save. Is it possible by using JR17, to write changes also on the second Harddisk  ?

Yesterday something curious happend. The number of files and also the value of the complete playingtime shown on the bottom of the "Music" screen were reduced about nearly 10%. I didn't change anything, but also I couldn't find missing files. Because of this, I deleted my library and re-readed my Harddisk into a new library. Then the number of files were shown correct (as before the Problem). Does JR17 reduce files or does it a kind of data compression ?

When I use the 5-star grading tool to mark good or bad songs, were is this information stored ? In the library or in the mp3-file ?

I have installed a SAT TV-Card "DVB-PC TV Star PCI" from Company "TechniSat" on my Win7 PC. This is one of the favorit SAT-Companies in Germany. But unfortunatelly this card isn't displayed in the JR17 TV-Preferences. Is there any possibility to install it ?

One of my dreams it, to install a nice Wall-PC including a Touchscreen, to make it very easy and quick to choose my music in the livingroom. Is it possible to run JR17 via a touchscreen ?

Best regards and thanks in advance for your feedback  :)

Trino

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: First Steps in Germany
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 01:05:05 pm »

I dont want JR17 to write anything on my harddisk

JRiver is going to write to your hard-disk in order to save database changes (and to create the database in the first place). I think it would be unreasonable to prevent a piece of software from accessing storage volumes.

I don't want JR17 to change anything on my data

Edit->Uncheck "Update Tags When File Info Changes"

But sometimes JR17 makes my harddisk run and I don't know why. Are there some other preferences to change ?

See above.

When the trust is grown I will let JR17 write on my harddisk. But the problem is, I have 2 cloned Harddisks to make my collection save. Is it possible by using JR17, to write changes also on the second Harddisk?

Yes. Check out the stacks feature.

Yesterday something curious happend. The number of files and also the value of the complete playingtime shown on the bottom of the "Music" screen were reduced about nearly 10%. I didn't change anything, but also I couldn't find missing files. Because of this, I deleted my library and re-readed my Harddisk into a new library. Then the number of files were shown correct (as before the Problem)

Probably not an issue. You likely had a different selection.

Does JR17 reduce files or does it a kind of data compression?

No.

When I use the 5-star grading tool to mark good or bad songs, were is this information stored ? In the library or in the mp3-file ?

In the library database.

I have installed a SAT TV-Card "DVB-PC TV Star PCI" from Company "TechniSat" on my Win7 PC. This is one of the favorit SAT-Companies in Germany. But unfortunatelly this card isn't displayed in the JR17 TV-Preferences. Is there any possibility to install it?

You might check out the TV specific forum.

One of my dreams it, to install a nice Wall-PC including a Touchscreen, to make it very easy and quick to choose my music in the livingroom. Is it possible to run JR17 via a touchscreen?

Yes. Use theater view with the Obsidian Touchscreen theme enabled.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Getting_Started
Pages: [1]   Go Up