INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting up a server using MC  (Read 1309 times)

Cazzesman

• Recent member
Setting up a server using MC
« on: February 21, 2012, 06:20:03 pm »

I had some questions about setting up a HT Server using MC.   I have done some search on the forums but can't really find a thread I am after.  Can someone point me in the right direction or should I just ask away from this thread.

Please let me know mods.

Regards Cazzesman

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Setting up a server using MC
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 06:28:22 pm »

Do you mean "Server" or "HTPC"?

The wiki has a topic on Servers.

Cazzesman

• Recent member
Re: Setting up a server using MC
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 07:27:19 pm »

:D  Good question.  Which is probably on my list to ask. 

Here's the situation.    Within the next few months the connections between my PC and stereo will be approx 11 metres apart.    At the moment I run a 10mt length of Toslink from PC to amp for HiRes audio.  I want to use MC to run my assorted video files as well and that will obviously mean an 11 metre HDMI cable.    I was thinking/guessing/presuming I would set up a PC/server alongside the Stereo for ease of connection to the new DAC I am buying and connecting to the Amp.  The 2nd PC/server would connected to my original PC via Ethernet.  So I guess that is networking

Currently I'm not overly fussed about extra storage but a daily automatic backup of what I have would be good.     I do now back up my music and video files to several external hard-drives once every few weeks. 

I presuming there are alot of gaps in what I just said but I think you have the general mud-map of the plan but I have probably used the wrong IT Lingo.

If you don't think the 11 metre lengths of Digital and HDMI outs are an issue then I will stick with that for the time being.

Any thoughts/suggestions/recommendations

Regards Cazzesman
Pages: [1]   Go Up