INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Cover  (Read 3137 times)

Spooner

Album Cover
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:46:02 am »

Hi

just realized after having ripped more than 700 Cds in flac that I forgot to tick the box "albumcover/In the same folder as file (folder.jpg)"
(instead I ticked the box for "in a dedicated folder") (translated that since I have a German version.
Consequently, the album covers are stored in a folder but not in the folder where the music files are. As a result, I cannot display album covers in DS audio (which is the iPad app for the Synology NAS DS212).

Is there any chance to convert the album covers into the right folder (same folder as the msuic files)? Do not want to rip 700 CDs a second time...

Any help would be appreciated.

Best

Spooner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Album Cover
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:30:18 am »

Select a few albums, then right click, choose Cover Art, Get from Internet.  It might work.

Spooner

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:44:53 am »

Hi, thanks for the quick answers. That helps to get the covers into JRiver. However, as described, I have them already; unfortunatley, JRiver wrote them into a folder on my c drive on the computer and not in the folder on the NAS where the music files are. With the new setting it works but I wonder how I can get the cover art which is on the c drive into the file folder on the NAS.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 10:58:57 am »

Did that create the folder.jpg you need?

If so, do it again.  You can also upload your existing covers to the database in the sky. 

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 11:21:50 am »

It sounds like you have Options>File Location>Cover Art>Audio Mode: In the same folder as the file (as folder.jpg) set.

Have you tried to right click on the file(s) and going to Cover art>Save cover art to external location specified in options?

Spooner

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 11:55:08 am »

JKRZOK and JimH, thanks a lot! this is the solution! thank you so much!! Owe you a beer if we meet!  :D

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 11:57:13 am »

Owe you a beer if we meet!  :D

JimH may need that beverage now... he's had some rather salty meat of late.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up