INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOT SOLVED - One Song limit, DLNA and Sony NS400 Wireless Network Speakers  (Read 4773 times)

kak

• Recent member

Hi Folks -

I have recently installed JR MC 17.0.82 on my HP DV7 Pavilion (Windows 7 Home premium edition).  I also hooked up 3 Sony NS400 wireless speakers.  They work perfectly through Windows Media Player.

I can also play music through these speakers with MC17.  The problem, however, is that MC17 will only play a single song regardless of the song list.  The song ends and then the first 5 seconds of the song (always silence) "play" again repeatedly.  At least, this is what appears to be happening as evidenced by the song title bar - at the end of the song (any song) the time counter in front of the song title goes back to zero and counts to 5.  It will do this for 15 to 30 minutes and then may or may not move to the next song.

I imported my itunes library and eventually converted all the files via MC17 to APE.  Format seems not to matter - I have experienced the same problem in aiff, acc, m4a and APE.

Any suggestions?  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: One Song limit, DLNA and Sony NS400 SPeakers
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 08:36:09 am »

The speaker is apparently a DLNA Digital Media Renderer.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=SANS400#specifications

MC's settings may need to be changed.  I don't know what will work, but try DLNA Extra.  You could also read the threads here on Sony TV's to get an idea.

kak

• Recent member
SOLVED - One Song limit, DLNA and Sony NS400 Wireless Network Speakers
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:14:00 am »

Okay - good reminder on the "renderer" terminology.  In the Media Network settings under the advanced tab, I unchecked DLNA Renderer (allow other DLNA devices to control Media Center) and it works like a charm.   FIXED!!

bob

• Administrator
Re: SOLVED - One Song limit, DLNA and Sony NS400 Wireless Network Speakers
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 11:32:37 am »

Okay - good reminder on the "renderer" terminology.  In the Media Network settings under the advanced tab, I unchecked DLNA Renderer (allow other DLNA devices to control Media Center) and it works like a charm.   FIXED!!
Are you sure you didn't change anything else? Turning off MC's local renderer shouldn't have made any difference..

kak

• Recent member
NOT SOLVED - One Song limit, DLNA and Sony NS400 Wireless Network Speakers
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 09:56:19 am »

I didn't turn off anything else, but I am sad to say that when I opened MC again yesterday and started a play list, 15 songs in, the problem started again.  The 5 second silent repeat after every song.  I am now looking again for a solution.

bob

• Administrator

A few questions:
Had you downloaded a new build or were you running the build you described the behavior of above?
I'm assuming the whole playlist is made up of .ape tracks?
Did you try power-cycling the NS400? DLNA renderers can sometimes get into unknown states.

kak

• Recent member

Well, I am using the copy of MC that I downloaded a couple weeks ago.

The entire playlist is APE.  It has also been 100% AAIC and 100% WMA with the same results.

As for the speakers, I have unplugged them and tried to use MC again with the same results. 

Usually, after a fresh reboot, the MC will let me play the first 7 to 10 songs without a problem.  Then it will play a song and, once through the song, will get stuck.  I can see the timer of the song repeating the first five seconds of the song.  If I hit stop, I can begin a new song, but with the same result.

If I then close everything up and reboot, I can repeat the experience - first 7 to 10 songs play fine and then it will hang up.  (I have shuffled the order of the songs to make sure it wasn't a specific song that was the problem.)

Any help is appreciated.
 ?

bob

• Administrator

There could be a problem with missing events from the NS400. You could try the latest build (>=17.0.98) and in the zone for a NS400, right-click ->DLNA Controller Options->ignore transport events (use polling mode). It's settable per zone (renderer device).

kak

• Recent member

Thanks - so far so good.  I will post later, once I am beyond song 25 or so on the playlist.

kak

• Recent member

Well, I made it through 12 songs perfectly after making the changes you suggested (new software and checking ignore transport events).  Then it played each song twice as it continued to move down the playlist.  This is repeatable. 

I made sure repeat was turned off, I locked the order.  Still begins to repeat after about the 10th or 12 song - 45 minute mark or so.

Well, this is better then simply playing silence but it isn't optimal ;).

Any thoughts?

bob

• Administrator

Interesting but weird.
Could you install the upnp developer tools http://opentools.homeip.net/dev-tools-for-upnp
Run device spy.
Find your Speaker.
Open up the AVTransport:1 service and look at the functions.
You'll see (amongst others) SetAVTransportURI
I'd like to know if you have SetNextAVTransportURI

Thanks..

kak

• Recent member

Yes - I do have SetNextAVTransportURI for all three speakers.

bob

• Administrator

Yes - I do have SetNextAVTransportURI for all three speakers.
SetNextAVTransportURI is probably not working properly on your device. It's a way to do gapless playback by feeding the next song to play to the device while it's playing the current track. We'll probably have to add a switch to disable it's use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up