INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: URC MX-880 for Control of JRiver Media Center 17  (Read 2102 times)

Dennis Hartwick

• Recent member
URC MX-880 for Control of JRiver Media Center 17
« on: March 06, 2012, 03:18:42 pm »

I'm hoping to program my URC MX-880 to control Media Center 17.  MC is running on an Acer Aspire 8940G which has an IR receiver on the front.  So, I'm hoping I have the right hardware.  My questions are:

1. Are the codes somewhere in URC's CCP database?  If so, where? 
2. URC tech support pointed me to the codes that they have in their database for Microsoft.  But, there's a lot of different sets of codes.  Does anyone know which one, if any, will work?
3. Where can I get a file of "long hex commands," (per tech support at URC) for controlling MC17?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: URC MX-880 for Control of JRiver Media Center 17
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 09:09:03 pm »

I can't help you with the commands side of things, but I can advise you to check the the IR recvr on the aptop will receive and parse IR commands.

Most IR receivers on laptops are simply for data, not commands.

Dennis Hartwick

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 07:56:12 pm »

Thanks imugli.

Using the programming software for the MX-880, which is called Complete Control Program (CCP), I found the correct codes under "Aux" -->Microsoft-->Media Center Vista.  The number for these codes is 481.  Now, the Universal Remote Control model MX880 remote controls Media Center 17 very well.  But, this only works if you put Media Center in Theater View.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 09:56:42 am »

Remotes are only supported in Theater View.

You can run Media Server on Windows startup to allow a remote to start MC in Theater View by pressing the "green button".  See the wiki topic called "Servers" for more information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up