INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC DLNA Server not visible to PlugPlayer or other DLNA apps on IPad [Solved]  (Read 2269 times)

tgundo2003

• Recent member

Hi all, newbie here....

I'm having an issue where I cannot see MC DLNA server on our IPad using PlugPlayer or any one of a multitude of other apps. They are on the same network. Other renderers show up fine including my NAS drive and Sonos devices, just not JRiver. I am on the latest build or MC. WebRemote works fine. I have followed instructions found in several similar postings with no luck. My Tivo see's the TiVo server just fine.

Any suggestions? JRMC17 running on windows XP PRO.

Thanks!

Tom

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe

Have you turned on the DLNA server and switched on the option for MC to act as a server?

tgundo2003

• Recent member

Yes- I have checked enable DLNA and checked DLNA Server, Renderer, and Controller.

pcstockton

Have you opened the requisite ports on your router?
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

tgundo2003

• Recent member

This is all behind the firewall on the internal network, not sure how opening ports will help as i'm not trying to access remotely. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Two machines on the same LAN may still be firewalled from each other.  It's worth checking.

tgundo2003

• Recent member

Nothing blocked on firewall.

I tried MC on a laptop on the same network, as soon as I started the DLNA server it popped right up on all the different apps on the ipad. So it seems to be machine specific. I made sure all the setting between the machine and the laptop were the exact same, disabled antivirius, still cannot see MC on the PC, still fine from the laptop.

Should I try a fresh install of MC on the PC?

Thanks again!

tgundo2003

• Recent member

Solved!

I had a managed switch that was set to passthru (including multicast pass thru) but is still obviously blocking something, bypassed that switch and now it works great!

Thanks for the help.

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up