INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo not working on Droid 3  (Read 4451 times)

andrewq

• Recent member
Gizmo not working on Droid 3
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:49 am »

I have no difficulty controlling the MC server on my PC through the Gizmo interface.
If I use my phone's web browser I have no difficulty listening to MC audio via WebPlay.

However, I can never listen to audio via the Gizmo app. It always says I'm "on the bus" and invites me to "resume playback".

I'm using the latest version of Gizmo and MC 17.0.75. My phone is a ZTE Racer (Android 2.1) and I'm using it over my home WiFi connection. Port 52199 is open in my router.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Andrew

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Gizmo on the bus
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 09:27:10 am »

Does image or video playback work on the phone when Gizmo is set to play 'Here'?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

andrewq

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 10:33:27 am »

Images work fine - I can view them on the phone.
Video doesn't work (but I don't need it anyway) as the Flashplayer would be required and that isn't available on Android 2.1.

andrewq

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 06:31:37 am »

Any suggestions for getting Gizmo working for audio playback on the phone? It's the only audio app on my phone that doesn't work.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 07:27:06 am »

Gizmo uses the default music player on your phone.  Maybe you could change it for another.

JIMV

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 02:17:04 pm »

I am not sure what you are saying here. My Droid III came with an app called "Music" which I don't use and cannot remove, V Cast Music, another app that came with the machine that I do not use and cannot remove, and the PowerAmp app that I bought and do use. I Gizmo attaching itself to one of those and if so, which??

andrewq

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 05:57:12 pm »

I've tried several different Android music players and Gizmo still remains "on the bus" when asked to play "here" rather than on the server. The phone happily plays local mp3 files with any of the Android players I've tried (default, PowerAmp, Winamp, etc.) and streams internet radio from TuneIn, etc. It's just Gizmo that, sadly, doesn't seem to work for me.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo not working on Droid 3
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 06:01:40 pm »

I don't think there is anything we can do to fix that.  You could try updating MC and Gizmo.

andrewq

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 06:21:46 pm »

Thanks, Jim ... but I'm on the latest Gizmo and MC. Maybe I'll just give up until I upgrade my phone at some point.

JIMV

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 03:53:29 pm »

My droid III has no problem with the app playing on the phone, or playing through the phone to a blue tooth speaker. The only thing my app will not do is wake a sleeping PC and no amount of fiddling seems to fix that...so, If I want to use Gizmo, I must make sure the PC hard wired to my router is on. I am using android version 2.3.4.

Gizmo also works at all the local WiFi locations I have tried it through. I do get the 'on the bus' gibberish if I try to connect via wifi without giving the phone enough time to boot up and find and connect to the local wifi signal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up