INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio: MC doesnt save Country tag  (Read 1140 times)

paronsoda

• World Citizen
Audio: MC doesnt save Country tag
« on: March 10, 2012, 03:31:09 pm »

Hi

I have noticed that very often MC doesn't save the Country tag when I have place info there. I have noticed this in version 16 and now also in version 17. I type in some info in the field and the next time I open and look at the song in MC this field is empty.

Sometimes the Country tags get saved but I don't know how. Other tags like album, artist etc. works fine.

Many thanks for any help
Hans

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio: MC doesnt save Country tag
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 03:43:33 pm »

Hi

I have noticed that very often MC doesn't save the Country tag when I have place info there. I have noticed this in version 16 and now also in version 17. I type in some info in the field and the next time I open and look at the song in MC this field is empty.

Sometimes the Country tags get saved but I don't know how. Other tags like album, artist etc. works fine.

Many thanks for any help
Hans

Country Tag can't survive!  :D

Talk about weird problems; I've had problems with items tagged on a client machine failing to update on the server, but never one specific tag.

Is this the standard Genre tag you are updating?

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 04:15:28 pm »

Yes its a standard tag. Its included among the tags that are available for audio files. I think I'm working like you. I'm taging on a client machine and the mp3 files resides on a server.

I did some more test and it seems like there is a problem if I use the Country tag before I import it to the library (in Playing Now). I use the Library Tools to move the mp3 file to a specific place on the server and perhaps this mess things up when I start taging before its moved. If I tag the file after its moved it seems to work. However I rather do all the taging before I move the file.

But as I said before, other tags like Artists, Album works fine. Strange problem.

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 04:52:47 pm »

I'm taging on a client machine and the mp3 files resides on a server.

Which version of MC are you running?

On the client machine Under Tools > Media Network > Do you have Auto Sync with Server selected?

I use the Library Tools to move the mp3 file to a specific place on the server and perhaps this mess things up when I start taging before its moved.

Are you trying to move the file from the client machine? That isn't usually supported.

paronsoda

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 04:05:13 pm »

Which version of MC are you running?
I'm running MC17 now. But I have noticed this problem before when I used version 16.

On the client machine Under Tools > Media Network > Do you have Auto Sync with Server selected?
No it wasn't. I hope that will fix it.

Are you trying to move the file from the client machine? That isn't usually supported.
The files are actually on the server machine but in a different folder with "non organized music" which is not imported yet into MC. When I move the files I use Library Tool>Rename, Move files. In that dialog window I use:
Rename (move files if directory changes) and checked "Directories" and a path to the new place.

Pages: [1]   Go Up