INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: J River always running like a Process  (Read 2315 times)

indirrana

• Recent member
J River always running like a Process
« on: March 11, 2012, 12:06:04 pm »

Sometimes I try to run J River 17 but I can't because it says that is still running. If I press CTRL+ALT+supr, in "applications" there is no application running, but in "process" J river appears  running. When you close that process, you can restart J river.
It's an Inconvenience.
I don't know why happens this.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: J River always running like a Process
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 12:39:44 pm »

If you are running Media Server then yes the process is always active and to close it completely you must do so in the system tray by right clicking the icon or in Task Manager.
However if you are nut running Media Server then it is a shutdown problem in MC or it may be doing something in the background such as finishing with tag changes, media conversion, etc.
Next time it happens open Task Manager and watch the process for a few to see if there is any actual processing going on or if the memory usage changes.
If there are no changes in memory usage and/or processor activity then it simply did not shut down correctly.
Sean

indirrana

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 07:01:49 am »

Thanks a lot.
When I try to restart J River, hours have happened from the last time. That's why I think the program isnīt doing anything in the background.
I think is a shut down problem.
But next time i will report more information.

indirrana

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 04:03:22 am »

The problem persists.
When I close J River and try to open it again, it don't allow me, because "is still running". It doesn't matter if suspend the computer or not.
I must  end the process in the task manager, and then unplug and plag the card (Cakewalk UE 25 EX whit its own ASIO drivers). In fact I have reported problems with ASIO in another post, but I think both problems are related.
If I restart J river after close the process, it don't allow me to use ASIO because "64 bits, 44.1, 2 channels, isn't a correct path" (or something similar). That's why I should to unplug, plug the card (sometimes i should do twice). In DSP I put All the bitrates to 24, an 96 khz for all the entries (the card doesn't work in 44.1, I don't know why, either)
Is an inconvenience, because I use J River in a laptop that can be used for a lot of different tasks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 06:34:53 am »

It sounds like Media Server may be running.  Perhaps from an older version of MC.

The last problem with ASIO may be a driver problem.  Test with WASAPI Event Style or DirectSound.

indirrana

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 08:06:36 am »

No older MC versions. Is my first time with J River.
Asio output sounds better than direct sound: opener, wider, with better instrument location. It's a pity that inconvenience because after start running ASIO, all works perfect.
I think you may talk to Roland: Edirol, Cakewalk, Roland (same company) are very common sound cards.
And I continue thinking both problems are related.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 08:38:47 am »

Testing another method than ASIO will help determine whether the driver is the problem.

indirrana

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 06:37:48 am »

I tested Direct sound, and I didn't detect any problem. But sound is worse.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 06:56:37 am »

So the problem only occurs with ASIO?

Try WASAPI Event Style.

indirrana

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 07:25:05 am »

Wasapi doesn't work

NickF

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 01:40:05 pm »

I have the same problem when running as a client and using a library server on another PC.  If I close the main MC window and also close the server on the client PC, the Media Center 17.exe process continues to run.  It must be doing something because the position in CPU order changes continuously.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up