INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I add Reclock as audio renderer and how to add filters in general ?  (Read 6255 times)

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

As a renewed user of MC (today I upgraded my old, and not used for a long time, MC10 to MC17 and bought a license for it) I have a few questions about the use of it. I will split them over 2 separate threads to keep it organized.
Here is my 1st question:
Is it possible to use Reclock as audio renderer and how should I do that. (I have TMT5, CCCP and Reclock installed). Actually it is completely unclear to me how I can customize  the used filters. When, while playing a file, I right-click and choose DirectShow Filters>Select Filters, or go to Tools>Options>Video,  I get the Video Options but I don't see any option to select a filter. Probably I am overlooking something, so I hope that someone can help me with this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Ton

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

It's possible to use Reclock, but it's much better to use the JRiver audio engine and VideoClock instead.

More information:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/VideoClock
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Thanks Matt for your very quick reply.
Probably I WILL use the JRiver audio engine and VideoClock after having read the links you referred to, but I still would like to know how I can add Reclock if I want it and how I can customize the DirectShow filters in general. As I wrote above I don't see any options for that in Audio or Video. Where and how should I do that ?

Btw, when I use  VideoClock for PAL/25fps content and having PAL SpeedDown (as Reclock also has), should I set the refresh rate in Display Settings to 24Hz for "PAL 25/50fps" ?

javidan

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi Ton,

When you wish to use your own "filters" (Is that what they call them?) you start by fiddling with the option

Tools->Options->Video-General Video Settings

Instead of of RO or ROHQ, you would select "advanced"-> Custom or Windows Merit based.

I believe merit uses the settings you set in the windows environment yourself. (i.e. You are using your own CCCP settings if I'm not wrong)

My personal experience is that VideoClock seems to do a better job than Reclock as it is tightly integrated into J River.

I am a frequent user of CCCP<->MPCHT combo with J River. Whenever the situation calls for MPCHT with my own specific filter settings, I fire up the file from J River (right click "Locate->On Disk (External)" )and just play it.

Over the last year or so, I have found myself having increasingly less reasons to use MPCHT due to J River's continuous improvements in their video playing capability though. (they are still not at MPCHT's level of subtitle support such as Karaoke/Above and Below yet but they have been improving it every few months)

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Thanks, I think I understand it now.

But can you (or anyone else) answer my question about the refresh rate ?
("Btw, when I use  VideoClock for PAL/25fps content and having PAL SpeedDown (as Reclock also has), should I set the refresh rate in Display Settings to 24Hz for "PAL 25/50fps" ?")

My TV supports 23,976, 24, 50, 59 and 60Hz. Of course I set Film (23.976fps) to 23, Film (24fps) to 24 and NTSC to 59. But should I set PAL (25/50fps) to 23.976, 24 or 50 ? (And in the video driver choose 24Hz?)
I assume it is 24 but I would like to know it for sure.

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

It's possible to use Reclock, but it's much better to use the JRiver audio engine and VideoClock instead.

Matt, could you still answer my question in reply #2 (and #4) ? I also started another thread on this subject, but the replies from other members there were a bit too technical for me.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Matt, could you still answer my question in reply #2 (and #4) ? I also started another thread on this subject, but the replies from other members there were a bit too technical for me.
Is this what you need?

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

That was the link that Matt gave me too above. But although I have read it, I am still confused. It is rather complicated matter for me.
Do I understand it correctly then that to use 24Hz (in Display Settings with "Automatic changing" or directly in the video driver) for 25fps PAL content, I do have to know for sure that it was originally shot at 23,97fps ? And if so, then change the tag for all to 23,97fps ?
Then I think it is easier for me to set PAL (25/50fps) to 50Hz. Or am I messing things up then ?
And what about the madVR setting "treat 25p movies as 24p (requires Reclock)". Has this only to be checked when you actually use Reclock instead of Videoclock ?

NickF

That was the link that Matt gave me too above. But although I have read it, I am still confused. It is rather complicated matter for me.
Do I understand it correctly then that to use 24Hz (in Display Settings with "Automatic changing" or directly in the video driver) for 25fps PAL content, I do have to know for sure that it was originally shot at 23,97fps ? And if so, then change the tag for all to 23,97fps ?
Then I think it is easier for me to set PAL (25/50fps) to 50Hz. Or am I messing things up then ?
And what about the madVR setting "treat 25p movies as 24p (requires Reclock)". Has this only to be checked when you actually use Reclock instead of Videoclock ?

Ton, I have recently written some instructions in the Wiki on this.  Have a read and see if it helps, particularly the section on Display settings:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Video_Playback_Options

I also updated the section on VideoClock here:

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

javidan

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi Ton,

I am actually not sure about this myself as I generally have very little or no PAL movies.
Based on my limited understanding, I would say "Set PAL to 50Hz and leave madVR 25p as 24p alone".

Converting Movie24 to PAL25 is probably what they call the Telecine process, if your player converts it back to its original "pure" form, it's called IVTC (Inverse Telecine)
I have not seen any options in MC doing any of these so my best guess is as my suggestion above.

In any case, even with MPC HT which you are still using, I'd hazard a guess that you should still leave "25p as 24p" alone and use IVTC instead. (NVidia cards have it in the deinterlace video section, LAV Video has it in deinterlace or YADIF etc.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up