INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What could MC bring to the table that Sonos can't?  (Read 909 times)

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
What could MC bring to the table that Sonos can't?
« on: March 18, 2012, 08:16:13 pm »

So I'm at the tail end of planning my new home theater setup. And it occurred to me that I hadn't really even considered the role of jRMC. I use Media Center as a standalone player for the most part, both in the living room where it basically runs on a dedicated HAPC and for PC listening. I haven't really explored the multi-room possibilities of it.

My new audio setup is pretty much all Sonos-based. I'm having lighting and HT/non-audio media control thru iPads using Control4. I'd intended to use j.River pretty much in the same way that I do now, but I got thinking - is there anything particularly superior in terms of ease of use or versatility (audio quality is not really a ginormous issue for the multi-room use, and 16/44.1 lossless is the maximum I'm planning to go - which is obviously within the capabilities of the ZP90) that MC brings to the table compared to a Sonos + Control4 Media Player or Apple TV setup?

I've been noodling in more detail with the multi-room features of jRMC over the last few days, and I haven't seen anything so far that would make it a no-brainer - I've yet to see a truly polished multi-room remote in the vein of Sonos for example.

My primary goal is that I can just pick up an iPad and crank up any media - Spotify, blu-ray or locally stored - on any TV / projector or audio system and control any lights in any room.

I was curious. Input appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up