INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a program / application to Export Database  (Read 874 times)

drc

• World Citizen
Need a program / application to Export Database
« on: March 27, 2012, 11:32:33 am »

Wishlist: What I want to do is to be able to take my Database (Shell) with me when looking for Music...

I do a lot of music hunting, cassettes, LP, CD's. (flea markets / simply crate diving.  The problem I have is that I sometimes buy the same things because I'm not a 100% sure if I have it...

My MC database configured where it shows CD, Cassette, Vinyl...  Complete, Incomplete, Missing Trk 1, 4, 5, etc... 

I tried sending too HTML, PDF, Access... forget it... 365 pages +.

Basically, what I need is the shell image of the way MC looks where I can scroll through the list to see if I own it, just not the actual file.

My Database is to large to take.  Laptop would be perfect, but too bulky.  I'm researching an IPAD, didn't think I would have a need for one, but it may do the trick.  I'm thinking if the IPAD can connect to an external storage device it solves my problem

I'll install MC on the IPAD and then can take the shell with me.  Any thoughts...

Mainly, I want to take my list with me...

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Need a program / application to Export Database
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 11:52:16 am »

If you're thinking of an iPad, consider an Android phone.  Take a look at Gizmo on our wiki.  It would let you view the actual database remotely.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Need a program / application to Export Database
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:27:44 pm »

The full Album / CD database dump into a CSV file using only the fields you care about is not very large.  You can export it, send it to Google Docs and have it available online on any device.

You'll also be able to use a reader on whatever device you choose.... and don't let JimH bully you into getting some second-rate tablet.  ;D
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up