INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV stick not working - TSRenderStreamsToWriter error  (Read 5845 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
TV stick not working - TSRenderStreamsToWriter error
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:23:01 am »

I am not sure how long this has been going on, but I know I was having the issue with 17.0.106 and now with 17.0.115.  If I try to use my JRiver TV stick to record or watch live tv, I get the following error - 'Digital TSRenderStreamsToWriter - failed to build upperstream graph. No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.'  My other three tuners are working correctly.  As I work around, I have moved that tuner to the bottom of the priority stack, but I would like to use it.  I have confirmed that I have the most current drivers, etc.  I also have a log of the error, if that would help.

Any help is appreciated,

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV stick not working - TSRenderStreamsToWriter error
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 05:08:48 pm »

Please email me the log.

yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:39:09 am »

Did you recieve the log?  I emailed it on the 29th.  If so, have you been able to determine what is happening?

Thanks for looking into this,

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 08:31:56 am »

Did you recieve the log?  I emailed it on the 29th.  If so, have you been able to determine what is happening?

Thanks for looking into this,

Alex

I did receive the log.  Thanks.

Unfortunately I have not figured out what was wrong.  I will keep working on it.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:24:15 am »

Thanks for the update.

Alex

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 04:50:44 pm »

What is the model number of your PlusTV stick?  Your OS?

It appears to be a driver issue.  Perhaps the driver on your system has corrupted.

You can download a driver from here

On that page, under Application & Driver, leave Category to "All" and set Series to "ATSC".  You should be able to find the model of your device from the Product drop-down.

Unzip the downloaded file and run Setup program.  Reboot and let Windows do its update. 

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 08:12:01 pm »

ok, it looks like it is working now.  I installed the driver from the website you indicated and everything seemed to go ok, except the tuner disappeared from Media Center.  I rebooted and it still was not visible.  I decided to try a different usb port and it appeared.  I was able to watch a show using the tuner, so I think it worked.  It looks like something was corrupt.  I may investigate further, but there is basketball game on tonight.

I truly appreciate the help,

Alex

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 05:43:34 pm »

This issue has returned.  I was able to get things working last time by updating the driver and the reverting back to the old driver.  Media Center does not recognize the tuner if I use the latest driver.  This time, I cannot get the issue resolved by rolling back the driver.  I currently have the latest driver installed and the tuner does not show in the list of tuners in Media Center.  I am using Media Center 17.0.177 and Windows 7.  I have the KWorld ATSC tuner UB-435-Q that I purchased from J River.  The driver that I downloaded from KWorld is 5.2010.1123.0 dated 11/23/2010.

If I use the old driver - I get the TSRenderStreamsToWriter error. 
If I use the new driver - Media Center does not 'see' the tuner at all.

Alex

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 09:56:39 am »

ok, I am seeing this error again with the KWorld UB435-Q tuner.  For a while, the tuner was not showing up at all in MC, but I had some time to look into this today and I found some posts regarding the current driver (from the KWorld support page) not being visible in misc. programs.  There is a newer driver that I downloaded from here: http://www.kworld-global.com/main/download.aspx?dlfn=UB435Q_Driver_V5.9.917.1110_155031846.zip.  After installing this driver (which appears to be 1 day newer), MC did see the tuner again, but I am getting the TSRenderStreamsToWriter - failed to build upperstream graph error.

I am running MC 17.0.184.  I have tried this tuner on multiple computers running MC and I still see the same error.

Any help is appreciated.

Alex

scm

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 04:57:33 pm »

I am having this same error with a brand new ATI TV Wonder 750 (TVW750U) by Diamond.  I installed the drivers directly from the disc that came with it.  It did find the device in MC and even scanned successfully for channels.  Only when I attempt to play one channel does it give me this same error.  Any solutions?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 11:16:53 am »

Alex,

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner.

I tried the driver you mentioned.  It simply does not work.  On my computer (Windows 7), it does not clean up existing driver, and ends up creating a second device, "BDA 2870 TVTuner (1)".  I can not uninstall the existing one (installed by Windows).  Every time I uninstall it and reboot, Windows reinstall it.  The good news for me is that the driver installed by Windows works just fine.

What version of Windows do you use?  Maybe you should just uninstall the driver you installed, and let Windows install one automatically.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 11:18:22 am »

scm,

Since you have a different device, I would like to see a log file.  Please email it to me.  yaobing at jriver dot com

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 01:41:43 pm »

I am having this same error with a brand new ATI TV Wonder 750 (TVW750U) by Diamond.  I installed the drivers directly from the disc that came with it.  It did find the device in MC and even scanned successfully for channels.  Only when I attempt to play one channel does it give me this same error.  Any solutions?

This device is capable of receiving ATSC, DVB-T, and ClearQAM channels.

The following are the three tuners MC sees.

ATI CQAM Digital Tuner

DVBT Digital Tuner

ATSC/QAM Digital Tuner

The first, apparently is for ClearQAM, the second one is for DVB-T, and the third one should be used for ATSC.

In MC, go to Drives & Devices > Television > TV Options... > Settings..., select "ATI CQAM Digital Tuner", and click Configure... button.  On the resulting "Tuner Type" property page, choose QAM.  Similarly, choose DVB-T for "DVBT Digital Tuner", and ATSC for "ATSC/QAM Digital Tuner".  Now MC will not be confused and will not load the wrong tuner.

scm

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 01:49:19 pm »

That made it work.  It actually worked when I did your first suggestion (via email) to move the ATSC to the top of the list in TV Options > Settings. 

But now I just did your latest suggestion and went into each tuner type and clicked Configure and matched them up properly.

Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 02:07:27 pm »

Glad it works for you now.

As for Alex's KWorld device, dealing with drivers is always a pain in the @$$

In an attempt to uninstall the existing driver, I ended up having no driver except the version 5.9... one.  Windows would not find a driver automatically.  I have to install from one of the downloaded packages.

Installing version 5.9.... is fine except it creates two logical tuners, one is called "BDA 2870 TVTuner" and the other is called "BDA 2870 TVTuner (1)".  The second one does not work.  The first one works.

The official download from KWorld website is actually a version 5.2.  I tried that too.  That one creates two logical tuners as well.  One is "BDA 2870 TVTuner" and the other is called "Tuner for Windows Media Center".  I suspect "BDA 2870 TVTuner (1)" is also meant for Windows Media Center.

Only "BDA 2870 TVTuner" should be used in MC.  You can move the other one to the bottom of the list.  That however will not prevent MC from loading it when MC needs more than one tuner (recording two different channels at the same time for instance).  To put the "wrong" tuner out of commission, the best way is to set its tuner type to something that you do not use, such as DVB-T, DVB-C.

scm

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 03:11:55 pm »

Thanks again.  So given the card I have, is the ATSC the only one I'll be able to use?  I'm having trouble figuring out how to scan for QAM channels, although I don't know what I'm doing, so that's no surprise.  I remember reading that some people connect their cable box to their USB Tuner.  Is this just for analog capture, or are there additional channels you can receive by somehow connecting the USB Tuner to, say, your DirecTV box?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 03:34:38 pm »

You can use ClearQAM tuner on cable TV.  Cable TV companies usually provide some channels without encryption, i.e. "Clear".  They are usually just the local over-the-air channels.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 02:08:49 pm »

Well, I played with this some more this weekend.  I tried both drivers 5.2 and 5.9 with 18.0.63.  I also installed WMC and I had the same results.  I have decided that my tuner is dead.  I can't get it to work with anything, so it may have been failing for a while and that was the problem.  Anyway, thanks for the support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up