INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo disconnects and loses place  (Read 944 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Gizmo disconnects and loses place
« on: March 30, 2012, 04:58:33 pm »

I've been experimenting with using gizmo to stream audio books for long car rides and I'm running into a few annoyances that I wanted to point out, and maybe there's a solution out there. 

First of all it disconnects too often, but I'll blame that on cell reception. 

What I think could use improvement is that when it does disconnect it loses my place.  I have to start from scratch, e.g. I have to select audio, select audio books, select the book, select the chapter, then try to slide the progress bar to wherever I think I maybe was last. 

Which brings me to the next annoyance.  Only the total track length is displayed, not the elapsed time.  So in a 45 minute chapter all I can see is that the progress bar is somewhere in the middle of it and have to search back and forth to find the place I left off.  Keep in mind I'm trying to do all this while driving which is certainly not safe.

All this could be resolved if it could somehow remember what it was doing when disconnected and I could use the resume play function.  As it stands now trying to use resume play does nothing.
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Re: Gizmo disconnects and loses place
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:28:57 pm »

I forgot to add in my first post that worst thing is that I also lose my place every time I get a phone call.  I have verizon, and I guess I can't get data and voice at the same time, so every time someone calls I have to go through the whole bit I described above.

I see that plenty of people have read this and there are no replies.  Is that because there is no solution as of yet or because I'm the only one who feels this is an issue?
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Gizmo disconnects and loses place
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:22:20 pm »

Well I was following the thread because I felt the same but I could have sworn that it worked fine this weekend.  Perhaps this has been resolved with the later versions?
I am running .117 and will test again tonight when I get home.
Pages: [1]   Go Up