INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using "expand to full" feature with JRemote  (Read 1403 times)

ounal

• Recent member
Using "expand to full" feature with JRemote
« on: April 01, 2012, 07:30:34 am »

Hello All;

I have a couple of questions about the last version of the JRiver. Actually I am quite unfamiliar to the software but getting used to it quickly. I am also using JRemote and love them both.

My present problems are as follows:

1)   Suppose you have 6 tracks in an album with 2 different composers, say Mozart and Chopin. Lets assume that the first three tracks are composed by Mozart and the rest by Chopin.  If you make a search for Mozart with "composers" category you get only three tracks. If you want to listen the whole album,  you can use "expand to full" feature, which is very useful, creating a new "search list" in the “category view”. Thus far, everything seems ok. Howewer, I could not expand to full album view when using JRemote. I've tried many different configurations in the category view of the media network but I always get the tracks not the albums. Any idea about this problem would be appreciated.

2)   “Album artist (auto)”  column or “AlbumArtist()” expression automatically calculates the album artist(s) according to the information gathered from “artists” column. However, if there is more than 1 artist for a single track (very common in classical music) separated with semi  columns, the expression only takes the first artist in the “artist” column into account. I would prefer that  it calculates “multiple artists” for such cases.

3)   When making a search through the “genre” category, I’d like to have a logic that performs different search types for “classical” and “non-classical” genres. If it is classical I’d like to directly get the associated albums but if it is not then I would prefer to get first the “album artists (auto)” and then the albums.

Thank you very much indeed.

Best

ounal

• Recent member
Re: JRemote expand to full; Abum artist (auto); Genre logic
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 03:24:27 pm »

bump...

ounal

• Recent member
Re: Using "expand to full" feature with JRemote
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 06:39:43 am »

bump

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 06:42:52 am »

Thus far, everything seems ok. Howewer, I could not expand to full album view when using JRemote.

You could post this in the JRemote thread on the Third Party board.

ounal

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 07:05:41 am »

OK I'll do that. Do you have any suggestion about the others?

Thanks.

ounal

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 07:16:22 am »

Any help?
Pages: [1]   Go Up