INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo Feedback & Suggestions  (Read 1169 times)

phineas

Gizmo Feedback & Suggestions
« on: April 04, 2012, 06:19:56 pm »

Hi, I use Gizmo on my various Android devices to stream to the devices and to control my home theater. I am very pleased and impressed with it overall but I do have some feedback to offer.

Enhancements:

1) Is Gizmo the right name? Shouldn't it be called "JRiver MC Client" or something more descriptive and professional?
2) Is the graphic from the Sistine chapel the right brand? Shouldn't it just be the blue JRiver MC "play" icon?
3) What's "You're on the bus" mean?

You have a really slick solution and these branding issues make it seem less cool and professional than the product deserves.

4) This might be a stretch but it would be awesome if I could achieve the same Theater View on my tablet that I get on my HTPC on my TV screen. I understand the technical architecture right now would not support that, but it would be a nice to have in a future JRiver MC version.

Bugs:

1) I noticed that if I change the default TCP port from 52199, video rendering fails over Gizmo. Audio streams fine, and video streaming to my WDTV or other DLNA renderers works fine. When I changed the port back to the default, Gizmo plays video fine as well. On Win 7/JRMC17/recent Gizmo version.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo Feedback & Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 06:24:20 pm »

The port problem may be a firewall problem on the server.

Thanks for the branding suggestions.  We like Gizmo.  The Sistine image is a pretty good connection metaphor.  Just my 2 cents.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: Gizmo Feedback & Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 03:53:45 am »

Gizmo is all right as far as I'm concerned, but I agree that it should have "Media Center" in the title too, to show that it's from the same product ecosystem and that it is dependant upon a parent program.

I agree that "You're on the bus" sounds a bit goofy. It's kind of a stretch to make sense of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up