INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Overlay to my TV?  (Read 1086 times)

mp21

Video Overlay to my TV?
« on: April 07, 2012, 08:45:33 am »

Hello,

I already checked all different video settings, although I didn't get video olverlay to work on my TV.

I have a Windows 7 with ATI graphic card and there I can enable "Video Theater Modus", so that when I open a video on my PC,
that it will be shown in fullscreen on my TV.

With other Media Players I can use the legacy video renderer, and there it's working.
Now I want to use Media Center 17 - when I try to use the legacy video renderer, I will get the following error:

Something went wrong with playback.

Details:
Failed to setup video windows. (hr=0x80004002)

Does any one have an idea, what there is wrong or how I could video overlay get work on my TV?

Thank you in advance

Martin

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video Overlay to my TV?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 09:00:27 am »

Welcome to the forum.  In MC, choose Red October Standard in video settings.  If that doesn't work, disable the setting in the ATI software.

mp21

Re: Video Overlay to my TV?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 09:48:42 am »

Welcome to the forum.  In MC, choose Red October Standard in video settings.  If that doesn't work, disable the setting in the ATI software.

Thanks for the quick reply and the great Media Center :-)

Unfortunately it doesn't work, when I use Red October, also when I disable the settings in the ATI Control Center.

Some more details:

I have a Radeon HD 4600 with two DVI (monitor and beamer) and a S-VHS (TV) outputs.
There are two profiles. One where monitor and beamer is active and one where monitor and tv is active.
With both profiles overlay isn't working, regardless what type of video file I am playing, checked avi, mpg and wmv.

When I test a video with f.e. VLC player and Legacy Video Renderer it will work.

Do you have an idea, why I will get an error, when I choose the Legace Video Renderer?

Regards,

Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up