INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Catwalk & Mac & Parallels - Catwalk is no longer able to connect a player  (Read 1668 times)

petergraup

I have been a loyal and happy JRiver/Catwalk/ Linn DS user for some years. This was on a Win7 Bootcamp Mac computer. Everything was fine with JRiver 16 and Catwalk 1.2.2 (Dvaar).

Now I moved to native MacOS (Lion) and Parallels (Build 7.0.15094), running Win7 and JRiver 16 and Catwalk (1.2.2). Now Catwalk is no longer able to connect a player. I know it is a complex set up and I have the feeling it is in the networking, that Catwalk does not see the DS in the network. I have also checked the Windows firewall and here Catwalk is allowed to poke through the firewall like on the Bootcamp side. So nothing obvious wrong. Streaming to DS works in principle, because JRiver can stream under Parallels to the DS using Linn's Songcast and the WASAPI setting in JRiver. I checked the Catwalk license key, but I guess this was not the problem, because usually Catwalk complains if the key is missing.

I have however the feeling the sound quality using Songcast & WASAPI is not as good as using Catwalk. I tested it with some friends going back to my old Bootcamp partition - where everything still works fine - and asking them which set up (Songcast/ Parallels or Catwalk/ Bootcamp) sounds better and they voted for the Bootcamp/ Catwalk option.

Any hint where to look would be much appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Try WASAPI Event Style.

The problem as you describe it sounds like a problem with Catwalk's connection only.  A firewall is a likely cause.  Misconfiguration is another possibility.
Pages: [1]   Go Up