INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo on tablet - Request  (Read 1819 times)

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
Gizmo on tablet - Request
« on: April 24, 2012, 04:02:14 am »

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use my newly bought Samsung galaxy 10.1 tablet
as a remote for Theater View.

I think Gizmo remote could be ok, if I could call up the keyboard.
It's a strugle to go into Youtube on Theater view, and not have a keyboard to type on.
I know I can use the keyboard that shows up on the TV, and use the arrows and the button
to choose letter, but not great when you ex. want to type: walk of the earth.

What I exatly want is the Gizmo Theater Remote, to show in landscape mode, and have the ability
to use the keyboard on the tab.

Please consider this request.

Thomas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo on tablet - Request
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 06:58:30 am »

When you connect using Gizmo, you have a choice of the source and the destination where you want to play.  Choose your HTPC in both cases.  Then use the search built into Gizmo.

I think you're using the last option which gives you a five button remote.  That's not the best solution.

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 08:14:57 am »

I think you're using the last option which gives you a five button remote.  That's not the best solution.

I know of the options you sugest, I also use it this way, when I'm on the road, or just want to
listen to music, without having it to show on my TV or monitor.

But if I want use as a remote control for Theater View, and want to search
on Youtube, Hulu or Netflix then I really miss the keyboard.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 08:27:28 am »

I really miss the Tremote function on Gizmo, compared to a Windows client and MC with tremote enabled. That is the reason why I'll be looking for a Windows tablet and not android. Because the way it's possible to remote control Theater View. If Gizmo somehow was able to work in a similar way, it would be a fantastic tool.

Even though a tablet with Gizmo might not be able to show Theater View as it is on the HTPC host, would it be possible to improve the Remote experience by adding gestures? You could have a mode where each flip on the pad would translate to a scroll command on the host. Where you could basically use the pad as a responsive and giant trackpad? Then there could be actions like this keyboard for search in the corners etc. That would be awesome! :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up