INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)  (Read 2573 times)

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)
« on: April 26, 2012, 08:07:02 pm »

This Blu Ray Rip to MT2S, stutters from start to finish.  The file is being played local.  The version is .136.  The movie - I Don't Know How She Does It (2011) Blu Ray rip MT2S played local - plays with no problem at all.  The Ghost Protocol file is over 30 gigs if that means anything.  

Please try this movie to see if it works for you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:31:49 pm »

Try setting Video to Red October Standard.

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:52:40 pm »

Try setting Video to Red October Standard.

Red October Standard plays better.  However, it also has dropped frames and stutters at times.  Is the bit rate on this movies to high?  All other Blu Ray MT2S rips play just fine.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 04:32:33 am »

I would be happy to test my copy of the movie for you - but I have not received it yet (I "preordered" it on April 6th from Amazon and it has not shipped yet). Where did you get your copy? Maybe I'm buying from the wrong place.

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 07:13:46 am »

I would be happy to test my copy of the movie for you - but I have not received it yet (I "preordered" it on April 6th from Amazon and it has not shipped yet). Where did you get your copy? Maybe I'm buying from the wrong place.

I walked into Walmart and there it was.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 08:55:55 am »

It plays fine for me on 17.0.136 with Red October HQ. Do you have the latest AnyDVD or are you using something else for decryption?

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 12:46:28 pm »

It plays fine for me on 17.0.136 with Red October HQ. Do you have the latest AnyDVD or are you using something else for decryption?

Do you mean the latest .dll file from AnyDVD or are you playing it from the actual Blu ray disk? 

Just to be clear, did you rip it to a MT2S file? If so that's strange.  I'm plying it local on an i7 with 8gigs of memory and a GTX 580.  ?

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 08:32:40 am »

Try to use software decoding or CUVID decoding at LAV-Video... Try also different queues for madVR (and disable "present several frames...", because I have heard it has problems with nVidia...). Try also log your GPU and CPU percentages and when using madVR check ctrl+j to check queues...
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 11:13:34 am »

Try to use software decoding or CUVID decoding at LAV-Video... Try also different queues for madVR (and disable "present several frames...", because I have heard it has problems with nVidia...). Try also log your GPU and CPU percentages and when using madVR check ctrl+j to check queues...

I'm not sure what all that means.  However, I do know that this same file plays just fine (smooth) from a local disk in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema configured with MadVR.  It some how "JUST WORKS"  Why can't it just work in JR?

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 01:33:15 pm »

I'm not sure what all that means.  However, I do know that this same file plays just fine (smooth) from a local disk in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema configured with MadVR.  It some how "JUST WORKS"  Why can't it just work in JR?
Do you use LAV-Filters in mpc-hc or do you use the build in codecs? In JRiver you can change filter settings when you select "custom" video mode. Then you have possibility to try at those settings... Remember to set madVR as you have when using mpc-hc (if its correct there...). Basically you can try setting LAV-Video to CUVID or software and madVR settings come available when you are running the video (madVR icon comes to taskbar). Have you disabled all anti-aliasing settings at nVidia control panel? Remember to check also what audio output mode you have enabled (should be WASAPI Event Style, WASAPI or ASIO) and experiment with either low or large buffer. Also check DSP-settings are correct. I did have problems once when I accidental enabled re-sampling hd-audio to 192khz. Movie did stutter a lot, but when I put it to native samplerate everything was fine...
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64
Pages: [1]   Go Up