INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.144 -- Available Here  (Read 3779 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.144 -- Available Here
« on: May 02, 2012, 02:10:44 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170144.exe  [Please see caution note in next post.]

17.0.144 (5/2/2012)

1. Fixed: With Library Server sync, sending a delete from a client with no other changes, then closing the client and restarting it, could cause the deleted file to reappear.

17.0.143 (5/1/2012)

1. Changed: Made the FileDBLocation(...) expression function able to output a number or list of readable strings (defaults to strings).
2. Fixed: If an expression field referenced itself, the circular reference could cause a crash.
3. Changed: When import skips files because the filenames are too long or because files have the system attribute set, the import summary will show this (and 'Show in-depth summary' will list the files).
4. Changed: The in-depth summary for an import lists files skipped because they're marked as bad or that have been previously deleted (only a count was shown before).
5. Fixed: MC did not make use hardware encoding capability of the analog tuner on Hauppauge HVR-1800.
6. Fixed: Starting loopback playback (live://loopback) would crash on XP instead of fail gracefully (loopback requires Vista or newer and WASAPI).
7. NEW: Added support for playback of "Shorten" format audio files (SHN).
8. NEW: Commercial skipping sidecars (EDL files) work over Library Server.
9. Fixed: Using the search box / search suggestions to execute a slow program command like 'Create Test Clips...' could lead to a crash.
10. NEW: Added 'Parametric Equalizer' 36 dB/octave and 48 dB/octave slopes to the high-pass filter.
11. Faster: Allow caching to work when building DLNA container child container descriptions. Massive speed increase (when browsing the DLNA tree).
12. Fixed: It was possible to set a category as 'Grouped', then switch it to an expression (which doesn't support grouping), and then have a broken pane or view.
13. NEW: DSP Studio is sizable / maximizable (only some pages respond to sizing, others remain top-left aligned).

17.0.142 (5/1/2012)

1. Fixed: Manually deleting files with Library Server sync did not work properly with build 141.
2. Fixed: When both a client and server imported the same file, Library Server sync could cause two copies to appear (only applies to last couple builds).

17.0.141 (4/30/2012)

1. Fixed: Library Server sync could cause problems with stacks and particles (only applies to 17.0.131 and newer).
2. Changed: Library Server sync uses file keys for all merging instead of filenames (makes stacks and particles work nicely).
3. Changed: Added FileDBLocation() expression function to view the internal database locations of a file (mostly for internal / debugging use).
4. Fixed: Consecutive and overlapping television recordings on the same channel (thus on the same device) did not work correctly.  The second recording was stopped and restarted when the first recording ended.
5. Changed: LAV video is set to "aggressively" de-interlace mpeg-2 video in Red October mode.  This should fix broken TV streams that have some interlaced frames marked as progressive.

17.0.140 (4/27/2012)

1. NEW: Added Tag Pasting feature (Ctrl+Shift+V).
2. Fixed: Audio seeking with Ctrl+Left/Right was using too large of a jump size.
3. Fixed: If a JPEG failed a lossless rotation, it could cause a crash.

17.0.139 (4/27/2012)

1. Fixed: MCWS was not properly handling hexified URL parameter names (only hexified URL parameter values).
2. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks, Johnny B).
3. Fixed: The 'Format' tag in the Action Window could show an error.
4. Fixed: Library Server sync could cause problems in certain cases (only applies to the last few builds).
5. Faster: Improved the performance of Library Server sync.
6. Changed: The 'Supported Formats' list for a handheld didn't clean the list until after a restart, so entering extra spaces, etc. could still cause troubles.
7. Changed: Tuned the safety valve on allowing ASIO hardware resets to stop playback if more than 5 resets occur in 5 seconds.
8. Changed: When audio playback buffers, like after a seek, the user interface won't switch to "Buffering xx%" unless buffering lasts at least 250ms.
9. Faster: Seeking audio playback with keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+Left / Ctrl+Right updates the user interface immediately (previously there was a little delay before changes showed).

17.0.138 (4/26/2012)

1. Changed: DSP 'Effects' surround enhancement had a typo in the description.
2. Changed: Pane tagging using drag-n-drop is only possible when pane tagging is enabled (F4) (a drop shows the same pane tagging confirmation that clicking checkboxes in the panes shows when pane tagging is disabled).
3. Faster: Action Window > Tag > Image could be slow when used with large views.
4. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .50.2.  Fixed deadlock on dynamic format changes with DXVA2 native. Added YV24 support. Numerous other bug fixes and performance tweaks.
5. Fixed: Handheld upload could crash when first starting conversions.
6. NEW: Added more database fields to the DLNA metadata.
7. Fixed: MPC tagging was failing with the last few builds.
8. Changed: Added a Hebrew keyboard to Theater View (thanks to guy.yakobovitch).

17.0.137 (4/26/2012)

1. NEW: MC tries to resolve conflict of some hybrid television tuners - e.g. if the device is being used for digital television channel, MC will not try to use it for analog channel, and vice versa.
2. Changed: Tuned the safety valve on allowing ASIO hardware resets to stop playback if more than 5 resets occur in 20 seconds (previously only allowed one reset each 30 seconds).
3. Fixed: Remote zones would not update their name when the server / device changed its name (user-customized names will still be possible, but will have to be manually reentered one time).
4. Fixed: If panes were set to filter in both directions, something was selected, then 'Reset Selection' clicked, then the same thing selected, the list wouldn't update properly.
5. Fixed: DLNA zones could cause a hang.
6. Changed: Tagging by dropping on a pane value is only possible when Pane Tagging (F4) is enabled.

17.0.136 (4/25/2012)

1. Fixed: When printing multiple almost full page images, the image would be centered on the first page and top-left aligned on subsequent pages.
2. Changed: When in-place editing in a list when the values vary, the first value will be placed in the edit control instead of [Varies].
3. Fixed: Editing list-type fields that used a standard (non-list) edit mode would cause the values in the selection set to not appear at the top of the combobox (applies to Artist, Genre, etc. since they are now list fields).
4. NEW: Subtitle timing can be adjusted from the OSD when subtitles are on (use up/down/left/right while playing).
5. Fixed: Right-clicking in the empty area to the right of all the columns in a list would not work properly.
6. Changed: Expression variables used with Load(...) and Save(...) are global, and valid for the run of the program.
7. Fixed: Dealing with series images could be unnecessarily slow when a library used a lot of series-based relational fields.
8. Faster: Tweaked list filling to be faster for large lists.

17.0.135 (4/25/2012)

1. Fixed: A rare hang on track switch when two or more zones were switching at exactly the same time (most common with linked zones).
2. NEW: Added support for ASIO hardware reset requests (kAsioResetRequest), which is used by RME and possibly other hardware.

17.0.134 (4/24/2012)

1. Fixed: Glass based skins could allow a modal dialog to jump behind the view in some views.
2. Changed: Updated webgizmo html5 player.
3. Fixed: When downloading a component that showed progress, if the server didn't report a file size the progress could incorrectly show "2GB".
4. Fixed: Icons on messages boxes didn't look nice with skins that used an image for a dialog back.
5. Faster: Parsing / compiling large expressions is much faster (for example, Marko's 27,000 character thumbnail text expression takes 34ms to compile compared to 20800ms).
6. Faster: The expression compiler is smarter about inlining expressions so that it won't inline in cases where it could actually hurt performance.
7. Changed: Added Load(...) and Save(...) expression functions to allow using variables.
8. Changed: Improved error-handling in television recording.
9. Fixed: DLNA server. Correct spelling error for updateID variable. Was preventing PS3 and probably others from working properly. Broken in build 17.0.132
10. NEW: DLNA server. Make an educated guess of the container type for playlists, photo albums and audio albums. Solves sorting problem in PlugPlayer (and perhaps others).

17.0.133 (4/23/2012)

1. Changed: Expression inlining wouldn't inline an expression if the case in the expression didn't match the case of the expression field in the library.
2. Changed: An expression that doesn't properly close a function with a right parenthesis will report an error instead of evaluating (since the invalid expression will yield unexpected results if it gets inlined).
3. Changed: 'Get Movie & TV Info' allows lookup of files with a Media Sub Type of Trailer.
4. Fixed: A skin that used Glass could incorrectly keep a view showing when closing the program to Media Server mode.
5. Fixed: Skins that used Glass could have small artifacts on the left or right edge of text.
6. NEW: Added support for TV season images (use naming like: [Cover Art Folder]\Seasons\Seinfeld - Season 3.jpg).
7. Changed: Increased the probe size used to analyze if a WAV file contains DTS from 16kB to 256kB.
8. Changed: Carnac better understands TV episodes that use the naming like "S01E01 - Giotto.avi" (with no series).

17.0.132 (4/20/2012)

1. Changed: When a commercial skip file (EDL) calls for a skip at the start of playback, the skip is performed before starting playback so that it's faster / smoother.
2. Changed: Skins that used frame transparency (glass) could show an empty sheet of glass instead of a black screen when first starting video playback fullscreen.
3. Changed: Tuned how video playback responds to video size change notifications to (hopefully) fix cases of a black screen showing when starting playback.
4. Fixed: Particles could be corrupted when used with Library Server sync.
5. Fixed: MC repeatedly ran an unnecessary timer when doing a scheduled recording of an analog television channel.
6. Fixed: The detailed tag dump for FLAC files was not working for a couple builds.
7. Fixed: DLNA updateID for DLNA server content directory.

Vocalpoint

Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.144 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 09:38:54 pm »

Is this build actually available? I am running 140 (installed manually for testing not auto received via the "Latest" channel).

Been pressing CTRL-J every so often all day and still no sign of 144...?

VP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 10:15:57 pm »

Is this build actually available? I am running 140 (installed manually for testing not auto received via the "Latest" channel).

Been pressing CTRL-J every so often all day and still no sign of 144...?

VP

It's not being pushed.

Just download and run the link in the post above.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MartinG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 12:11:54 pm »

Continuous switching between two hires audio files (one 192kHz, one 96kHz) for comparison purposes with convolution switched on causes MediaCenter to crash. Switching convolution off doesn't cause the problem.

tohovden

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 12:37:25 pm »

Hi,
When playing a video in full screen mode and moving the mouse to the upper area to access the playback controls, I'm not able to activate any of the controls (pause, stop etc) and the playback of the video picture is slowed down while the sound continues at regular speed. The same happens when I'm trying to adjust the system volume (not internal volume in MC) and the On screen display of the volume comes up. So it looks like it's the OSD that is interfering. This is a problem when playing blu-ray and DVD directly from the disc and when playing .MOV files. Playing ripped DVD's (using MC 17, ISO), AVI and MPG works just fine.

This worked just fine earlier, but I'm not sure on which version.

I'm on 144 and running on windows XP SP3 and I haven't done any modification either hardware or software wise since video playback worked OK the last time.

And thanks for a GREAT product!

EDIT: SOLVED! The problem was a new graphics driver I had installed (forgot this when writing the above). Rolled it back and it's OK again.

Best regards
Tore

AndreaT

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 05:21:00 am »

In this .144 build is present the bug that don't allow Allocator plug-in to save its setting.

Because Allocator works fine (correctly saves its settings on exit) when used within other VST hosts, please look for your bug and fix it.

(PS: ... be informed that I am using your "demo", so, in the case it is just a licence dependent feature... promptly inform me!!)

Thanks and regards, Andrea.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 06:22:51 am »

In this .144 build is present the bug that don't allow Allocator plug-in to save its setting.

Because Allocator works fine (correctly saves its settings on exit) when used within other VST hosts, please look for your bug and fix it.

(PS: ... be informed that I am using your "demo", so, in the case it is just a licence dependent feature... promptly inform me!!)

Thanks and regards, Andrea.
Please use the Allocator thread here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=71895.msg486985#msg486985

It's not clear that this is an MC problem.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 12:49:37 pm »

Hi,
When playing a video in full screen mode and moving the mouse to the upper area to access the playback controls, I'm not able to activate any of the controls (pause, stop etc) and the playback of the video picture is slowed down while the sound continues at regular speed. The same happens when I'm trying to adjust the system volume (not internal volume in MC) and the On screen display of the volume comes up. So it looks like it's the OSD that is interfering. This is a problem when playing blu-ray and DVD directly from the disc and when playing .MOV files. Playing ripped DVD's (using MC 17, ISO), AVI and MPG works just fine.

This worked just fine earlier, but I'm not sure on which version.

I'm on 144 and running on windows XP SP3 and I haven't done any modification either hardware or software wise since video playback worked OK the last time.

And thanks for a GREAT product!

EDIT: SOLVED! The problem was a new graphics driver I had installed (forgot this when writing the above). Rolled it back and it's OK again.

Best regards
Tore

Glad you got it fixed.

You could also toggle popup transparency (type 'popup' in the Options search), and it might help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up