INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuck setting up TV  (Read 4650 times)

i3c

• Recent member
Stuck setting up TV
« on: May 11, 2012, 04:43:31 pm »

I have a Hauppauge 1600 connected to a DirecTV set-top box. This is working fine in WMC7, btw.

I have the remote codes captured from my set-top box remote. Now how do I scan for channels?
When I try to do that the only device shown is the digital tuner not the analog.

Thanks,
i.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Stuck setting up TV
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 05:44:48 pm »

I also have the 1600 although not currently connected just moved and have not fun cabling yet.
Anyway to get to my point when I go to television click TV Options...-->scan for channels... a window opens asking me if I want to scan for digital channels, analog channels, STB channels.
If you are only seeing digital something is not correct with the install of either the 1600 or MC.
Sean

i3c

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 06:08:36 pm »

Yes, I got those choices. I picked 'STB'. On the next screen I'm given several choices under 'Digital scanning type'. And it only lists my digital tuner under 'device'.

That seems messed up -- why is it offering me digital scanning types when I choose STB (I get the same options when I choose 'analog')

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 07:27:57 pm »

You must have not removed the x from Scan for digital channels. ? It is a check all that apply.
Sean

i3c

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 02:17:04 pm »

Ok, got that part now. Digital channels unchecked.
When it does the analog channel search, it gets nothing. I don't think it is even switching the channels on the stb.

i3c

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 03:51:25 pm »

At this point I have 2 composite & 2 svideo tuners showing up under 'all channels'.
However, none of them display anything but a blank screen (the stb is attached to s-video)
The title bar in MC says 'SVideo Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture Starting TV...' but I get no display.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 03:58:36 pm »

I did a test by just setting my STB next to the computer and connected with coax here is what I found.
Analog scan found the channel used (75 for me) when using coax from STB to 1600 the problem with that is the EPG only loads data for channel 75.   >:(
STB scan didn't offer channel 75 even though that is what is needed instead I was offered S-Video or Composite so for knowledge sake I selected S-Video
then it offered the EPG which downloaded and had all available channels from Dish Network for my location.
If I can find the box that all of my cables are in I will test the S-Video/Audio jack functionality. (Moving/unpacking sucks)

What is your STB? (Dish, DirecTV, etc)

Edit: I was not aware of these issues because I am using my Colossus for connecting to my STB and only use my 1600 for OTA and VCR tape conversion.
Sean

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 04:13:48 pm »

At this point I have 2 composite & 2 svideo tuners showing up under 'all channels'.
However, none of them display anything but a blank screen (the stb is attached to s-video)
The title bar in MC says 'SVideo Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture Starting TV...' but I get no display.

There are two issues:

1. No video is displayed when playing an S-Video input.
2. No STB channels are scanned.

1. is a bit puzzling.  If your STB is connected to the SVideo, and it is tuned to a channel, you should get video.

While you attempt to play the channel, right click in the video window and go to DirectShow filters, then choose "copy graph info to clipboard".  Paste the info here.

For scanning channels, you need to check "STB channels", and uncheck "Digital Channels"  and "Analog channels", as others have suggested.  On the next step of the wizard, you need to choose an xmltv option (mc2xml or XMLTV).  You need to have one of the options available to you (an xmltv executable, or an XML file generated by other programs).

Next you need to choose an analog device (your Hauppauge 1600, i.e. Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture) and the input port (SVideo).  

If you went through these steps and could not find channels, I would guess the problem is with XMLTV.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

i3c

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 06:10:04 pm »

Filter Graph Info (TV graph):

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\ksproxy.ax
        Output Pin 'Splitter'
        Input Pin 'Communication Transform'
            Connected to pin 'VBI' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_VBI  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {CA20D9A0-3E3E-11D1-9BF9-00C04FBBDEBF}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {CA20D9A0-3E3E-11D1-9BF9-00C04FBBDEBF}

Filter 'Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {70E102B0-5556-11CE-97C0-00AA0055595A}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'AVI Decompressor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_RGB32, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\evr.dll
        Input Pin 'EVR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'LAV Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'EVR Input1'

Filter 'LAV Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
        Host: C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 17\Plugins\lav\LAVAudio.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Out' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_AUDIO, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'AVI Decompressor'
        CLSID: {CF49D4E0-1115-11CE-B03A-0020AF0BA770}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Preview' of filter 'Smart Tee'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_UYVY, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_RGB32, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'LAV Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
        Host: C:\Users\Family\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 17\Plugins\lav\LAVVideo.ax
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Video Out' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input0' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'Smart Tee'
        CLSID: {CC58E280-8AA1-11D1-B3F1-00AA003761C5}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\qcap.dll
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Capture' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_UYVY, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Output Pin 'Capture'
        Output Pin 'Preview'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'AVI Decompressor'

Filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
        CLSID: {AFB6C280-2C41-11D3-8A60-0000F81E0E4A}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\mpg2splt.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG-2 Stream'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Encoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_PROGRAM, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'Audio Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_AUDIO, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Video Out'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'LAV Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Encoder'
        Input Pin '656'
            Connected to pin '656' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {34574348-8DA2-431F-BF67-2491240DFDC5}, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Output Pin 'MPEG'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG-2 Stream' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_PROGRAM, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'Mpeg Index'

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture'
        Input Pin 'Analog Video In'
            Connected to pin '0: Video Decoder Out' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Crossbar'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogVideo  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_AnalogVideo
        Input Pin 'Analog Audio In'
            Connected to pin '1: Audio Decoder Out' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Crossbar'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'Capture'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'Smart Tee'
        Output Pin 'Audio Out'
        Output Pin 'VBI'
            Connected to pin 'Communication Transform' of filter 'Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_VBI  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {CA20D9A0-3E3E-11D1-9BF9-00C04FBBDEBF}, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {CA20D9A0-3E3E-11D1-9BF9-00C04FBBDEBF}
        Output Pin 'HWCC'
        Output Pin '656'
            Connected to pin '656' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Encoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {34574348-8DA2-431F-BF67-2491240DFDC5}, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Crossbar'
        CLSID: {71F96460-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\ksxbar.ax
        Input Pin '0: Video Tuner In'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Video' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Tuner'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogVideo  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_AnalogVideo
        Input Pin '1: Video Composite In'
        Input Pin '2: Video SVideo In'
        Input Pin '3: Video Composite In'
        Input Pin '4: Video SVideo In'
        Input Pin '5: Audio Tuner In'
            Connected to pin 'TVAudio Out' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 TvAudio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AnalogAudio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Input Pin '6: Audio Line In'
        Input Pin '7: Audio Line In'
        Output Pin '0: Video Decoder Out'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Video In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture'
        Output Pin '1: Audio Decoder Out'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Audio In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture'

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 TvAudio'
        CLSID: {71F96462-78F3-11D0-A18C-00A0C9118956}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\ksxbar.ax
        Input Pin 'TVAudio In'
            Connected to pin 'Analog Audio' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Tuner'
        Output Pin 'TVAudio Out'
            Connected to pin '5: Audio Tuner In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Crossbar'

Filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Tuner'
        CLSID: {266EEE40-6C63-11CF-8A03-00AA006ECB65}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\kstvtune.ax
        Output Pin 'Analog Video'
            Connected to pin '0: Video Tuner In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 Crossbar'
        Output Pin 'Analog Audio'
            Connected to pin 'TVAudio In' of filter 'Hauppauge WinTV 418 TvAudio'

i3c

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 06:59:18 pm »

I select 'SVideo Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture' That is located under 'All Channels'.
I click TV Options-Scan Channels-Scan for Set Top Box channels.
I select mc2xml (I previously downloaded XMLTV file) click 'next'.
I get an information box telling me to select a capture device and channel.
I don't understand where (else) am I supposed to select them?

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 07:10:04 pm »

I select 'SVideo Hauppauge WinTV 418 Video Capture' That is located under 'All Channels'.
I click TV Options-Scan Channels-Scan for Set Top Box channels.
I select mc2xml (I previously downloaded XMLTV file) click 'next'.
I get an information box telling me to select a capture device and channel.
I don't understand where (else) am I supposed to select them?

When I selected S-Video the EPG was created with a full list of channels are you selecting the box for reset mc2xml in the window after you select the device and channel.
Sean

i3c

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 07:36:12 pm »

When I selected S-Video the EPG was created with a full list of channels are you selecting the box for reset mc2xml in the window after you select the device and channel.

In the 'Scan Channels' box there are two options - XMLTV & mc2xml. There is nowhere to select S-video.
I don't think I'm even getting as far as the window to select 'reset mc2xml.
I just keep getting nagged to select the capture device but there's nowhere to select it.
I'm beginning to think the dialogue box is truncated or something.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 01:02:00 am »

Very strange!
What version of MC are you using?
Have you checked for any updates for the 1600 driver?
Sean

i3c

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 01:21:38 am »

Very strange!
What version of MC are you using?
Have you checked for any updates for the 1600 driver?

My Hauppauge driver is newer - dated 8/31/2010
MC version 17.0.147

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 01:28:22 am »

What OS not that it should make a difference but never know.
Win 7 x64 Premium here.
Sean

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 09:50:02 am »

The large font you chose forced the controls off the window.  Please try using default font (at least temporarily).

i3c

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 02:23:52 pm »

The large font you chose forced the controls off the window.  Please try using default font (at least temporarily).

OK. Making progress! I now have a lot of channels. But I'm still not getting a display. I got this message -

Something went wrong with playback.
Details:
RunCaptureGraph: Cannot start graph.
The device does not recognize the command.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 02:57:41 pm »

OK. Making progress! I now have a lot of channels. But I'm still not getting a display. I got this message -

Something went wrong with playback.
Details:
RunCaptureGraph: Cannot start graph.
The device does not recognize the command.

Your graph does not look quite right.  It has been a long time since I last worked on this device.  So the device/driver may have changed.

Do you use "Start analog channels in time-shifting mode" option?  It does not look like you did.  If you did not, try using that option.
Do you have the latest driver?

After looking in these two areas, regardless of the outcome, please do the following:

Drives & Devices > Television > TV Options... > Copy television related filter info to clipboard...
and post the result here.

i3c

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 04:00:52 pm »

I had a codec pack installed. I removed that & now I get video!
Not quite there yet, though  :(

Channel changes are not happening properly. It seems to be skipping the '0' (zero)s.
I guess I need to retry learning the remote codes, right? Or is there something else to check?

One other thing is -I need to delete hundreds of channels. Right now it seems like I have to do it one channel at a time. Is that true? Is there not a way to range select & delete multiple channels?

Lastly, can I zoom wide-screen (letterboxed) video to fill the screen? At the moment I can't find a zoom option that works.

Thanks for getting me this far!

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 04:56:18 pm »

In Display View using the up/down arrows to navigate to zoom then the left/right arrows to zoom in/out should allow you to zoom in to fill the width and/or height of the screen depending on aspect ratio.
Sean

NickF

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 06:26:57 pm »

One other thing is -I need to delete hundreds of channels. Right now it seems like I have to do it one channel at a time. Is that true? Is there not a way to range select & delete multiple channels?

This is a known issue.  You have to do it one channel at a time!  Hopefully Yaobing will change this in the future.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 08:50:07 pm »

Take a look at my post here.

Lastly, can I zoom wide-screen (letterboxed) video to fill the screen? At the moment I can't find a zoom option that works.

In additional to Scolex's suggestion, you can also use "+" key on keyboard to zoom in, "-" key to zoom out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up