INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.147 -- Available Here  (Read 8827 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.147 -- Available Here
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:12:18 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170147.exe

17.0.147 (5/7/2012)

1. Fixed: Visualization Studio columns were not sizing nicely.
2. Changed: When playback of a video fails because DSP Studio > Output Format needs configuration, a message will be shown offering to make the change and continue playback instead of automatically making the change (audio already works this way).
3. Fixed: Putting a backslash in a user field name could cause trouble.
4. Fixed: It was possible to create two fields with the same file-system name by using characters the file system didn't support in the filename, leading to contamination between the two fields.
5. Fixed: When creating a ZIP file, the UTF-8 flag was not being properly set (despite filenames being UTF-8 encoded), causing problems in some cases.
6. Changed: Added mdx to the list of Disk Image / ISO types.
7. Fixed: Panes that had nesting could cause a crash when using dropdown panes mode.
8. Fixed: Video playback could use a small rectangle at the top left of the screen in certain cases with build 146.
9. NEW: Added support for ID3v2 URL frames.  Must manually add a field in Options > Library & Folders > Manager Library Fields... and select 'Store in tags' to use fields using the naming: WCOM: Commercial URL; WCOP: Copyright URL; WOAF: File URL; WOAR: Artist URL; WOAS: Source URL; WORS: Radio Station URL; WPAY: Payment URL; WPUB: Publisher URL
10. Fixed: Bookmarking did not work on television shows that were watched while they were still being recorded.
11. Changed: Carnac better understands television filenames of the form "series ssee name" where "ssee" is four digits.
12. Fixed: Performer store could crash if visited while internet connection was unavailable.
13. Fixed: Mini skins that used scripting could crash in build 146.

17.0.146 (5/4/2012)

1. Fixed: Playback display painting could show a black screen with build 145.
2. Fixed: Expressions that had multiple levels of inlining could show % in the output with build 145.
3. Changed: Symlinks are no longer resolved when using the Browse Folder interface, so importing from a symlink will use the symlink path in the library instead of the resolved path.
4. Fixed: EVR clean up problem in television playback.
5. Changed: A little cleanup in input plugins (makes build a little smaller).

17.0.145 (5/3/2012)

1. Fixed: Interface leak in television.
2. Fixed: Expression inlining could cause problems if the inlined expression used parenthesis or commas outside of a function context.
3. Changed: Expression engine allows putting a subexpression in /% %/ to force it to be tokenized independently (used internally for inlined expressions).
4. Changed: Several internal class names, pin names, etc. changed from "JRiver xyz" to "JRiver xyz" (only relevant if you're scripting or searching for specific window classes).
5. Fixed: The import summary would show files skipped because they were previously removed from the library twice.
6. NEW: Doing a lookup at TMDb will populate the new field "IMDB ID" when available.
7. Changed: Play stats can be copied using Paste Tags.
8. Fixed: Importing dates from flac files in weird "yyyy mm" format now works.
9. Changed: Removed remaining references to MFC in the playback engine, making JRPlayer about 6% smaller (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
10. Fixed: Invalid expressions that reported an error could cause a small memory leak.
11. Changed: The Auto-Import fix broken links option 'Yes (protect network files)' is now 'Yes (protect files on missing drives)' and works better with temporary fixed drives.
12. Changed: When Auto-Import is dealing with broken links, the 'protect files on missing drives' mode checks for the existence of the drive instead of existence of the owning folder.
13. Changed: The 'Clean File Properties' and 'Find & Replace' library tools use the same field picker as 'Paste Tags', which removes fields that are empty or irrelevant for the selected files.
14. Changed: Find & Replace remembers the find, replace, and case sensitive options between uses (selected fields have always been remembered).
15. Changed: The field 'TheTVDB Series ID' was not available for use in video views.
16. Changed: DLNA servers. When enabling the "MPEG video mimetype override", clearing out the "video DLNA override" entry will prevent it from being reported causing the renderer to rely upon the mimetype reported by "video mimetype override"

17.0.144 (5/2/2012)

1. Fixed: With Library Server sync, sending a delete from a client with no other changes, then closing the client and restarting it, could cause the deleted file to reappear.

17.0.143 (5/1/2012)

1. Changed: Made the FileDBLocation(...) expression function able to output a number or list of readable strings (defaults to strings).
2. Fixed: If an expression field referenced itself, the circular reference could cause a crash.
3. Changed: When import skips files because the filenames are too long or because files have the system attribute set, the import summary will show this (and 'Show in-depth summary' will list the files).
4. Changed: The in-depth summary for an import lists files skipped because they're marked as bad or that have been previously deleted (only a count was shown before).
5. Fixed: MC did not make use hardware encoding capability of the analog tuner on Hauppauge HVR-1800.
6. Fixed: Starting loopback playback (live://loopback) would crash on XP instead of fail gracefully (loopback requires Vista or newer and WASAPI).
7. NEW: Added support for playback of "Shorten" format audio files (SHN).
8. NEW: Commercial skipping sidecars (EDL files) work over Library Server.
9. Fixed: Using the search box / search suggestions to execute a slow program command like 'Create Test Clips...' could lead to a crash.
10. NEW: Added 'Parametric Equalizer' 36 dB/octave and 48 dB/octave slopes to the high-pass filter.
11. Faster: Allow caching to work when building DLNA container child container descriptions. Massive speed increase (when browsing the DLNA tree).
12. Fixed: It was possible to set a category as 'Grouped', then switch it to an expression (which doesn't support grouping), and then have a broken pane or view.
13. NEW: DSP Studio is sizable / maximizable (only some pages respond to sizing, others remain top-left aligned).

17.0.142 (5/1/2012)

1. Fixed: Manually deleting files with Library Server sync did not work properly with build 141.
2. Fixed: When both a client and server imported the same file, Library Server sync could cause two copies to appear (only applies to last couple builds).

17.0.141 (4/30/2012)

1. Fixed: Library Server sync could cause problems with stacks and particles (only applies to 17.0.131 and newer).
2. Changed: Library Server sync uses file keys for all merging instead of filenames (makes stacks and particles work nicely).
3. Changed: Added FileDBLocation() expression function to view the internal database locations of a file (mostly for internal / debugging use).
4. Fixed: Consecutive and overlapping television recordings on the same channel (thus on the same device) did not work correctly.  The second recording was stopped and restarted when the first recording ended.
5. Changed: LAV video is set to "aggressively" de-interlace mpeg-2 video in Red October mode.  This should fix broken TV streams that have some interlaced frames marked as progressive.

17.0.140 (4/27/2012)

1. NEW: Added Tag Pasting feature (Ctrl+Shift+V).
2. Fixed: Audio seeking with Ctrl+Left/Right was using too large of a jump size.
3. Fixed: If a JPEG failed a lossless rotation, it could cause a crash.

17.0.139 (4/27/2012)

1. Fixed: MCWS was not properly handling hexified URL parameter names (only hexified URL parameter values).
2. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks, Johnny B).
3. Fixed: The 'Format' tag in the Action Window could show an error.
4. Fixed: Library Server sync could cause problems in certain cases (only applies to the last few builds).
5. Faster: Improved the performance of Library Server sync.
6. Changed: The 'Supported Formats' list for a handheld didn't clean the list until after a restart, so entering extra spaces, etc. could still cause troubles.
7. Changed: Tuned the safety valve on allowing ASIO hardware resets to stop playback if more than 5 resets occur in 5 seconds.
8. Changed: When audio playback buffers, like after a seek, the user interface won't switch to "Buffering xx%" unless buffering lasts at least 250ms.
9. Faster: Seeking audio playback with keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+Left / Ctrl+Right updates the user interface immediately (previously there was a little delay before changes showed).

lise

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.147 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:19:47 am »

Can someone else test this? If it is reproduceable it is a huge bug.

I'm going through all my cover art, and noticed that "Quick find in file" didn't work when my default was set to C:\MC\MCCovers (which has always been my default). 

I changed the default to C:\MC\MCCovers\Albums since that is where MC places the images.  "Quick find in file" still didn't work.

I tried to change my default back to my original folder C:\MC\MCCovers and the folder is gone. Disappeared. It's not in the recycling bin, it's just gone.

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 07:54:58 am »

Lise,
I also see a problem when I change the location.  Thanks.

Jim

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 09:50:05 am »

Can someone else test this? If it is reproduceable it is a huge bug.

Moving a folder to a child of itself is not nicely supported.

It will be fixed next build.  Sorry for the trouble it caused.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

vagskal

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 11:31:41 am »

A few builds ago I changed cover art location from F://Something/Cover Art/Artists/ to F://Something/Cover Art/. I had two folders with image files:
F://Something/Cover Art/Artists/Albums/
F://Something/Cover Art/Artists/Artists/

MC automatically changed that to
F://Something/Cover Art/Artists/ (where the artist art files were put as expected)
and moved all files in the Albums folder to
F://Something/Cover Art/

The image files in the Albums folder were just backups and MC was set to store cover art in the same folder as the music file (as well as inside the file), i.e. [Image File] did in no case point to the Albums folder.

I just wanted to let you know in case this is an anomaly too (moving folders to their grandparent).

221bBS

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 01:39:04 pm »

MC seems to be having trouble renaming/moving video files when there are multiple video files in a folder but all are linked to a single folder.jpg file. Also if there is a folder.jpg file already in the destination folder, a dialogue window pops up for each video file stating that the image file already exist and I can either skip or cancel the move.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 02:33:38 pm »

MC seems to be having trouble renaming/moving video files when there are multiple video files in a folder but all are linked to a single folder.jpg file. Also if there is a folder.jpg file already in the destination folder, a dialogue window pops up for each video file stating that the image file already exist and I can either skip or cancel the move.

I wonder if this is related.  I couldn't reproduce the problem, but didn't test with cover art.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

shAf

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 03:13:17 pm »

It seems strange you're working with build 148, while the last "stable" version is only at 122(?)  Shouldn't the release notes go back to the last stable version so we can know what the differences are and where the instabilities might lie?

Thank you for your excellent support!  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

221bBS

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 08:12:50 am »

I like to request that the stock Audio/Image/Video library view follow the tree position option. Currently no matter what I choose it will always be on the top of everything else.

bmpadm

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 09:01:18 pm »

Hello Folks,

Today my Media Center auto-updated itself to version 17.0.147 and I have noticed an odd thing, apparently the Shell Integration feature is broken somehow...  Really.

Now whenever I right-click my music colleciton folders with SI enabled 'Windows Explorer' crashes and needs to be restarted. Disabling shell integration feature in MC solves the problem, and re-enabling it brings back the issue. Very strange isn´t it? But it´s happening in my machine.

Again, whenever I right-click a folder or file where otherwise an MC option should appear, Windows Explorer crashes.

Can you guys please have a look at this? Does anyone else is facing the same issue?

Please let me know if you need me to provide more details so you can debug the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Fábio.

PS: I have seen system files are ignored but reported now, very nice and useful feature.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2012, 09:13:37 pm »

You might need to reboot after the update.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

bmpadm

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2012, 09:24:15 pm »

Indeed! A reboot solved the problem.

Thank you very much man.
Fábio.

vvcepheus7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 08:25:01 am »

After update I get error from explorer of windows with "JRTools.dll".
the explorer of windows 7 reboot.

Before I not get this error!
Pages: [1]   Go Up