INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging with MyMovies.dk  (Read 6673 times)

frankie

• Recent member
  • Support The Global Fellowship Of Metal & Hard Rock
Tagging with MyMovies.dk
« on: May 15, 2012, 08:38:33 am »

Hi there

I am using My Movies (www.mymovies.dk) Collection Management to tag all my movie files. The tags are added to each movie folder. I have tried XBMC (.nfo) and Netgear EVA (.tag) and even Windows Media Center (.dvdid.xml) but non of these seem to work in MC16 or 17. I like the Collection Management program for tagging since it allows me to store multiple tag formats to a given movie folder automatically. For instance, I have a Netgear EVA in my lounge, a Xtreamer Prodigy in my home theater room and a HTPC (with MC) in my entertainment area. Every time I tag a movie the program will store the tags for each relevant system automatically, meaning that on either system I will always get the same tags and covers. Now if this would only work with MC too, it would be so awesome, or at least if MC could read any of their tag formats, either way would be super.

All the available tag formats/options in Collection Management are:

1. Windows Media Center (.dvdid.xml)
2. XBMC (.nfo)
3. Popcorn Hour (NMJ Database or .nfo)
4. Netgear EVA (.tag)
5. HDI Dune (AAI files)
6. SageTV (properfiles files)
7. Xtreamer PNG files

It would be awesome if a more common tag file would be compatible/readable with MC since the sidecar.xml files only seem to work when movies are tagged from within MC?? Not that I would mind using MC for tagging actually but it's just that currently most of my movies seem to only get wikipedia as a source for movie info and covers and those few that bring up rotten tomatoes or TMDB do mostly not even show blu ray covers (if any covers at all). The other disadvantage of doing the tagging in MC in my case would obviously be that I would not be able to store tags in multiple formats and hence have consistent meta data across all my systems......phew, the joy of tagging format wars....LOL

Is it possible to add a preferred/custom movie info source in MC such as amazon, blu-ray.com, IMDB or others, or can anyone recommend an external tagging program (similar, or even better than My Movie's Collection Management) that will store tags compatible with MC? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: Tagging with MyMovies.dk
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 09:10:38 am »

Can you post an example of a .dvdid.xml 
MC's sidecar files are in xml format and there maybe a way to parse and rewrite it to a new file to allow MC to make use of it.
Sean

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:44:03 am »

In MyMovies, export an XML file.

In MC, File > Import Playlist > *Import the XML*

This should work  ;)

frankie

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 09:45:18 am »

Hi there
here is an example of the dvdid.xml file for The Matrix:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<Disc>
  <Name>The Matrix</Name>
  <ID>MMDISCID|2VC2COJ5</ID>
</Disc>

NickF

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 11:15:28 am »

This subject has been raised and discussed several times on the forum.  The xml file you posted was one of two which MyMovies creates for each movie.  The one you really want is the mymovies.xml file.  This is a hidden system file so you will need to change your Folder Options setting to not hide protected operating system files.

If you read the wiki here:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MyMovies

There are some details of an integration of MC with these files to update the sidecar file.  BUT... I think this is out of date and I think Brian Binnerup decided to encrypt these mymovies.xml files.

I have attached an example.

There were some discussions with Brian going on but I don't know what happened.  See this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69221.0

I would very much like to see this resolved because I believe the MyMovies movie data is very good quality.

Jim, did the discussions with Brian come to anything?  Your comment in the thread referenced above sounded encouraging.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 11:43:15 am »

Imugli's description above works really well. I still use the import of a playlist.

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 12:08:16 pm »

OK,

You export all your movie info from My Movies, then import into MC as Playlist.
(I haven't tried yet)

My question is, when you add a new movie, do you have to go through the entire process again?
Or, is there a way to add a new movie to collection in MC with My Movies info and just append to file?

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 02:04:02 pm »

You will have to export the xml file every time you have added a fil to MyMovies and then import it into MC. The whole process takes a couple of minutes.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 10:31:05 pm »

Have you considered pvd (Personal Video Database).  Potentially not as thorough as MyMovies for your country, but it does allow you to export txt (or .xml) files in any format you define.  There are tools that can get you from PVD to MC, but not the other way around.

Could you use a very large expression within MC to hold the information required for export to a new format of xml file for your various systems.  If the expression result is exported to the jriver sidecar file, you could then write a script to pull this information and create the various formats you need??

Craig

frankie

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 01:53:21 am »

Thanks NickF for that info and yes, I can see the hidden mymovies.xml files now, but you are right they must be encrypted because MC is not able to read/recognize/populate anything from them. It would be awesome if they would/could add MC sidecar tag files as an additional tag option.

NickF

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 04:14:50 am »

It would be awesome if they would/could add MC sidecar tag files as an additional tag option.

Or Brian could allow JRiver to decrypt his files.

Hopefully, Jim can update us on where the discussions are.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

frankie

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 11:31:54 pm »

Hi there! I got some great news!!!

Mr. Binnerup has confirmed that MyMovies.dk is considering adding JRSidecar tag file support for MC but they wanna see quite a few people requesting this feature before it will be added. Check his reply over at the mymovies.dk forum thread here: http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=30036

NickF

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 01:54:29 am »

Well done, frankie.  I've just added my +1.

Nick.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 05:19:28 am »

So did I. The My Movies scraper is excellent, especially when your DVD's and Blu-rays are danish like mine.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 09:58:47 am »

Just added my request.

Rod

cinjin

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 05:15:15 am »

I just added my request too. Maybe one of the mods could make this a sticky so more people can see it and send their support for integration to the mymovies forum

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re: Re: Tagging with MyMovies.dk
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 03:51:03 am »

This is great news.. I've given my request too on Brian's site. Hope it becomes a reality then I can ditch MCE once and for all and use MC exclusively rather than just audio at present.
Pages: [1]   Go Up