INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please bring back mouse-wheel volume control  (Read 692 times)

peleton

• Junior Woodchuck
Please bring back mouse-wheel volume control
« on: May 02, 2002, 04:38:02 pm »

I used to use the "needle xmms" and other old MJ7 mini-me skins and the MOST important feature was the ability to adjust the volume using the mouse wheel.

-I mean I just had to click on the MJ task-bar icon (or context-switch using ALT-TAB) and scroll the wheel up or down to change volume. (very quick and easy)

-I know that the scoll wheel does work in some of the MJ8.0 mini-me skins, but only when the mouse is directly over the volume slider. This seems to defeat the purpose of using the wheel.

Also, could the same behaviour be used with MEGA-ME too? Ie. could there be an option such that when-ever context is first switched to MJ (ie clicking on taskbar icon) the focus automatically goes to the Volume control (regardless of where the mouse pointer is, or where the focus was last) so that the mouse wheel will be able to control the volume.

So what I am looking for is the ability to click on the MJ Icon in the task bar, scroll the mouse wheel, and then click back to the app I was working in. -Very quick and easy volume change.

Curiously, if I use one of the older mini-me skins from MJ7.2 (including the "MJ" and MJ Plus" skins as well as some Winamp skins) this behaviour acatually works in mini-me!

I even mentioned it to ZRocker (as I first noticed this when I switched to his LowerLeft skin) and he said it was out of his control, so I assume it is something to do with the new "Metamorphosis" skinning engine.

Please add this feature back! -I really miss it (and I want to be able to use ZR's skins) Next Page

thanks

peleton.
Pages: [1]   Go Up