INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back button not working  (Read 1122 times)

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Back button not working
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:02:32 pm »

Back button (in upper left of view) is indifferent to clicking on it directly, using the Alt+Left key combo, throttling my dedicated mouse button I have globally assigned to “back”, or when punching the Logitech Harmony 1 remote dedicated button.  This started right after I upgraded from MC16 to MC17 (I have been using since MC12 and never before encountered the problem).  I keep thinking  “… the next update will have this fixed…”  but after a dozen or so downloads, the problem persists.

Occasionally out of nowhere it will start to work, but as yet I have been unable to duplicate the magical set of steps that brought it about.  I have tried numerous different skins, scoured MC options for possible conflicts, looked at various OS settings I might have changed lately, all to no avail.  Anyone have a suggestion?  I am using Win7 32bit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
Re: Back button not working
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 09:27:12 pm »

After installing the latest MC version for the last couple of months with no resolution to the problem, the back button is now working as before. The only thing I can think that fixed it was that I ran Auslogics registry repair in the last couple of days (using version 17.0155 before & after the registry scan). Not sure if this is why it now works as I did not run the repair specifically for this issue... just something I do every once in awhile.  I don't really remember how soon afterward I ran MC17... all I know is that it now works. 

Hope this helps anyone else who might have the same issue.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 09:49:10 am »

We've had reports of registry cleaners causing troubles.  They do confusing things like delete output plugins registered in our own JRiver key in the registry.  Maybe the registry cleaner was related to this issue too?

Anyway, glad you got it working.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 10:16:32 pm »

Well, I guess I am reopening this topic, as the same issue is back, and has actually gotten worse.

Now the hot links in tab titles (that are created as you drill down) do not respond to mouse clicks either.  The only way I can reset the view is to pick different custom view, and then reselect the one I want. I can drill down for as long as there are lower levels, but for whatever level I stop at, I cannot go back up without resetting as described above... frustrating.

If I change views enough times, the back button sometimes begins to work again, but only sporadically.  Even if this did work consistently, it really is not a viable way to use the program.  The back button is something I use a lot. 

Anyone with a potential fix would be most welcome.  FYI... I have version 17.0.180 installed, but this has been a problem since installing MC17.
Pages: [1]   Go Up